Saturday, February 15, 2014

Who Wouldn't Want...

This photo was floating around Facebook.
 
When I saw this - it really got my attention. There are many people who are grieving. You don't have to have lost a loved one in order to be grieving. There are many causes to grief. Some of the things that cause us grief can be talked about, some things are just too personal to share.
 
I think while reading through this list - I realized something else important. This is certainly a list of things that would be nice to share with one another all the time, not just in special times of grief - because like I said - we truly don't know when others may be grieving.
 
Love.
 
Listen.
 
Drop all expectations.
 
Practice Validation.
 
Who wouldn't want to be treated this way?

 I know this list sounds pretty good to me. I think I am going to copy this list and tape it by my computer - to remind me to keep these things in mind while dealing with people.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! I really like the image and words you have for us today. This sounds like the perfect 'best friend' doesn't it? And you are so right, not just in special times of grief, but all the time.

    It sounds pretty good to me too !
    Hope you have a peaceful Sunday,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories