Monday, February 24, 2014

God's Hand Leading...

Today I was reminded by God that He is in control and has been in control this whole time! Before my hysterectomy I had not even heard of the da Vinci surgeries. Well as soon as I knew that I had some problems and needed to find a gyn. I am a friend of mine who is a nurse, which Dr. she would recommend. She recommended 2 - who did the da Vinci surgeries. She said that the ladies who had the da Vinci surgeries seemed to recover quicker and that it seemed to be easier on them. Well one of the Dr she named - had delivered our grand baby and so I just knew she was the one I needed to use. She is an excellent Dr. and I am thankful to God that I was reminded of her - she really made this journey easier on me. When it was decided that I needed a surgery we decided on the da Vinci surgery which would mean that my uterus would be removed through the vagina. Now this is where things get really interesting. Today I found out that when people do laparoscopy surgeries - a procedure called Morcellation - it is a process in which the object that is being taken out ends up in pieces so that they can come out of the small holes. I know this is very non-technically explained - but you get the idea. You can look it up if you would like to know more. Anyway so if I had have chosen the laparoscopy type hysterectomy and they had used this process- my body would have been exposed to the cancer and there would have been a greater chance of the cancer spreading. Remember - when I had my hysterectomy - we had no idea that there was cancer. So God led - me not only to the right Dr. but in the process we made all the right choices that helped protect me from the potential danger. It really helps reassure me that God is in control.

I am realizing more and more my need of God leading in my decision making process. The story above really made that clear- before I even realized the danger - God was in the process working it out.

Today I had another interesting thing happen. I had ran to town to run some errands. I had meant to get gas while I was out and about, but I had ended up coming home another direction and missed all the places I normally like to stop. Well several miles down the road from my house is a gas station- and the price was actually 4 cents cheaper than any of the other places. So I decided to stop there. When I swiped my card - I waited for the normal question asking how I wanted to use the card but did not get that - instead it asked for a 5 digit zip code- I typed that in and when I went to get the nozzle into my gas tank- I had not squeezed he handle at all but gas had started to come out - just a little bit - but when I turned around and looked at the pump - I noticed that it had charged me for 6 cents of gas. That was weird since I had not even squeezed the handle. Then when I began to pump the gas it came out slowly. As I stood there I just had a bad feeling about everything - I thought that if the pumps were in that bad of shape then I was sure that the tanks that the gas is held in are more than likely in bad shape as well. And I decided even though the price was the cheapest around that I did not want to fill up my car. So I go to an even number and stopped. And left. I may never know for sure if it was God leading or if it was just mean but that is ok - I would much rather listen to the feelings that I got and be safe than to be sorry. I want God to know that I am listening and that I am willing to allow Him to lead in my life. And each time we listen and obey - the easier it becomes.

If you are on Facebook and would like to be friends just leave me a comment and a way to get ahold of you through e-mail or such and I will get back with you. I would love to have you as a Facebook friend. :o)

***
Oh and I am SO very glad that I had went to the insurance website yesterday(a prompting from God- I believe) because today - we received a bill at it had a whole long list of charges - and had I not know about them I might have been blown away by the 3 pages of charges. A blessing in disguise- that I had faced that information before I received the bill associated with it. God is good! :O)

4 comments:

  1. That's truly amazing about how God led to just the right surgery! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The right doctor and the right procedure - just shows how good God is! What a faith-building blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa! I am so glad that you and your doctor decided to have a hysterectomy the 'old-fashioned' way! God has led you in so many good ways, and you are here to share that good news. You are such a witness to me of his great love. Thank you!

    I would love to be FB friends with you! I have a FB page for my blog too, and I'd love you to join. My page is:
    facebook.com/surroundedbythespirit
    Please let me know your address. You can use the 'Contact Me' tab on my header. There is a place to email me there. Yay!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories