Sunday, February 9, 2014

My Look Good Feel Better Class

Last week, I had been reading some cancer blogs. I had come across one who had said she had gone to a Look Good Feel Better class. That got my attention, since I was scheduled to go to one later in the week. She went on to say that she left the class discouraged and depressed and if that was what it would be like to get together with other people with cancer -she was not interested. Apparently a lot of the people at this class talked negatively about their prognosis and so it was a lot of gloomy talk.

Well I could have become discouraged myself and decided not to go based on one person's opinion, but thankfully I have learned that just because one person has a bad experience - does not mean that it is always that way.

Thankfully the weather worked out not being too bad. We hit snow a couple of times on our way there and back but nothing stuck and the roads were basically safe. My sister took me to the class. She was very sweet and bought us breakfast at a cool breakfast place. Then it was time to get to the class.

When we found where we were going - I was surprised to find out that I was suppose to RSVP. Well the e-mail I got from a lady with The American Cancer Society - said that she would sign me up for the class..period. Nothing else. I had no idea I was suppose to RSVP. Well the lady signing people in took pity on me - since 2 people had canceled and since she had an extra make up kit - in medium for me.

We found a seat and got settled. After a few minutes it was time to start.

We had a lady who had been working in cosmetology for 30 years. Her name was Alice. Alice was very nice. She had so many wonderful tips. I learned a lot of things that I had not known before.

Here is a photo of the make up and stuff that I got. The photo does not show - a 10 pack of make up remover cloths, a moisturizer, and the lipstick... oops - I really thought I had it all out when I took the photo.

 
 The only problem I had was that my kit did not come with a brush to put the blush on. So we were told we could remove all of our make up and apply it along the way or just sit back and watch- I decided to participate.
 
It was a little intimidating at times because this lady was so good at putting on make up she said her husband said she could put it on in the trunk..lol. I am not that good - especially with applying make up in a new way - I have not used eye shadow in a long time and she had shared with us how to do it and some of it was hard for me to apply on each side evenly. I do ok on the right side - cause I am right handed - but not the left side -that is more challenging.
 
The lipstick was pinker than what I usually wear- usually I wear like a raisin color- well raisin is a part of the name of the lipstick that I get. It is just a darker color. But believe I or not it looks pretty good on it.
 
They ended up serving some soup, salad, desert and tea. I had no idea that a meal was going to be part of it. And then there was a nutritionist there and she had a short meeting.
 
I was so glad that I went. I learned things that I wish I had have known all along. It was well worth the time. Oh and by the way - no one really talked about their cancer or any negative talk at all. So I am so very glad that I had given the class a chance. It was very much worth my time.
 
This week end I have been doing pretty good.
 
I got a call from a family member- they said they were worried about me because I had not posted anything on my blog or facebook. They thought that I had been feeling sorry for myself.
Uhm....no - just busy. My sister had given me some clothes so I had to go through the clothes and then since my sister has long some weight - I decided to go through my clothes and see if there was anything that was not feeling me as good and send it to her. So there for a while my bed was full of piles of clothes that my sister had given me - that were going to another friend of mine, a pile for my sister and then the clothes that fit good and would go back into my closet.
 
By the way, Here is me - with my new make-up. Oh I have a little more to learn on application. But I am very happy to be headed in the right direction. :O)
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Your makeup looks great! It sounds like a really fun class, and what a treat to get so many new makeup goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed yourself. You are so beautiful, love you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)