Thursday, February 27, 2014

Junk in My Trunk part 2

Yesterday my husband loaded up a couch and recliner that we were donating to Goodwill. As he was loading up, I remembered that I had a lot of bags of donation stuff in the trunk of my car. So I went and got them and transferred them to the truck, so that they could be dropped off as well. It felt so good to have that stuff out of my trunk. Now I can fit the things in my trunk that I want to put in it.

While I was thinking about the post that I had written yesterday- I realized that my clean trunk was a great example of that post. For a couple of weeks - my trunk was pretty full of these bags of stuff to donate. And it was hard to fit groceries in it when I went grocery shopping. How wonderful it was to finally have that stuff gone. Now I have all the room I need for what is important.

Same as in my life- I have held onto unneeded habits and attitudes and they have kept me from experiencing what God had in mind for me all along. And as I turn my will over to God and allow Him to guide and direct my life I am allowing Him to take those bad habits and attitudes away from me- leaving room for the love, joy, peace, and so much more.
 
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23
 
And the good news is that if we will allow Him to work in our lives by turning our wills over to Him- He is faithful to do it.

24 He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.
1 Thessalonians 5:24
 
being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;
Philippians 1:6 
(Going around Facebook)
 
It just takes us willing to allow Him to guide and direct us. We need to be spending quiet time with Him - studying His Word to us. And not just reading the Word of God- but putting to practice that which we read.
 
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
James 1:22
 

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to this!! I often wonder, why do I hold on to the things I need to turn away from! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)