Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Support Groups?

So I have found a little problem with the kind of cancer that I have. I have looked on the internet for support groups. I was actually looking for some support groups in my area but have not found a list of that kind of a support group yet. But what I have found are online support groups for ovarian cancer and breast cancer, but I am not finding ones for endometrial/uterine cancer.

I don't know for sure why - I guess it's because normally it hits post menopausal women and when it does - the symptoms raise a red flag and they get to the Dr and get it checked out early enough that the only treatment that they need is a hysterectomy. So for those of us that are pre menopausal - we are the ones that end up having it hit and missing it till it is past - just having a hysterectomy. And there just must not be very many of us - cause like I said- I am having a problem finding support groups.

So if you have ovarian cancer or breast cancer or the like - you can find some great support groups - online at least. So that is a good thing - I just wish there were more things to help encourage ladies with my kind of cancer.

2 comments:

  1. I DO understand! That was how it was with Austin's c.p. His type is not the common type, and he never really "fit" in--too disabled to fit with nondisabled kids, too "normal" to fit with most kids with c.p.! I will pray for God to lead you to a good support group--if there is one out there. If there isn't, maybe He might lead you to start one. . .

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories