Sunday, March 23, 2014

It's PCS- not PMS...

It seems ever since I such a rough time after chemo- that the week before my next chemo - I become more emotional and a little more crabby as well. So this week-end it was raring its ugly head again and I said to my husband what is causing this - and he said well it seems like each time that you are coming up on the next chemo - you get a bit more emotional and all. Well yeah - I see it too. I am not surprised cause it's like - ok when you feel crappy and it just continues for like 5+ days or so - you really try to avoid getting that sickness again. And with chemo - you know what to expect and you know how you will be feeling and it is hard not to be a little apprehensive about its approach. I am so thankful that this coming Friday will be chemo #5. I am glad that I have 4 of them behind me- but sure wish that this was my last treatment.

Another thing that may cause my PCS - is that on Sabbaths when I go to church - I wear my wig. I actually don't wear it very often other than to church- I guess I am still uncomfortable wearing it - I just feel like people can see right through it - that they can tell I am wearing a wig. So when I get home from church - I take the wig off- and I guess maybe the seeing myself with hair for part of the day - kind of reminds me of when I had hair. So I feel that could also cause me to be emotional.

It's been a little over two months since I have lost my hair - and to be perfectly honest with you guys - I don't think I am every going to be comfortable with losing my hair.
It's funny how there are times even now that I will put a shirt on and I will reach my hand back there - to pull my hair from under my shirt- then I realize I have no hair.

There are also times that I come out of the shower and I put my towel up and then I catch myself reaching for the brush to brush my hair.

After our granddaughter left one day - her brush was sitting near me and I reached for it and was about to brush my hair.. then stopped.

There are times that I don't have a hat on while I am going around in my house and I catch myself to almost go outside to do something - without it and then am SO thankful that I remembered.

 I honestly feel that it would have been SO much easier to go through this whole thing - had I not lost my hair.
Good news is that so far - I still have half of my eye brows left- and a good amount of my eye lashes left- I started out with a lot of both of those- thankfully so it is not too awfully bad to have lost what I have of the eye brows. I can notice that I have lost a decent amount of the hair on my arms. I am so hoping I can hold onto the hair I have left through the rest of this. But I am not holding my breath.

Oh and I will be sharing some great photos of one of the places that we went for our date. I think you all will enjoy them. I am hoping to be able to work on that on Monday. Our son has his daughter this week end so we have been busy.



5 comments:

  1. I understand dear one, losing my hair broke my heart. But, remember, it is just hair. Your hair does not define who you are. You are a beautiful daughter of the King. Shine on princess. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you equate PCS to PMS...Brilliant! I will have to tell my husband since I too suffer this PCS...what is worse is that I still get my periods so far with each of the 3 chemos...so I also get the PMS all rolled into the PCS!
    I am most comfortable around the house without a wig, but wear a hat because I am bothered by catching a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror...and also want to keep the blinds open, so I am also having a hard time with the hair loss.
    I told my husband yesterday as we were eating out, that I will not go out inn public if/when my eyebrows disappear...My lashes are about 50% gone, and wearing makeup doesn't work because my eyes are so teary from chemo.
    One good thing about the cold climate where I live, is that it is comfy wearing a hat around the house and yard...in public I wear a wig too...and feel the same as you do about it. I am in awe of those ladies I see bold enough to go without any head covering in public...but this is just not me...I am an introvert and have social anxiety to begin with and hate calling attention to myself in any way!
    Blessing and love to you...email me if you need to talk.
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. My eyebrows are gone, understand your feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies - I appreciate your kind comments! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa,

    Reading your blog for the first time. Just wanted to tell you to please check with Dr. Keny Bastien in Florida re cancer treatment. He is a Seventh-Day Adventist and uses natural remedies. His number is 407-765-5075. Keep faithful.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking