Friday, March 14, 2014

Perspective and Balancing Act

Photo: Truth.

This was something floating around Facebook this week. It speaks so much truth. Cancer has really changed my perspective about things. There are things that I used to really love and now-they don't seem as important to me. And that is fine - because they really were not important.

This week I shared the above photo with this added to it~

"This is so true- your perception totally changes. I was just thinking this morning that I may not be perfect by the worlds standards but I have been happy at how strong my body has been through the last several months and all it has been through. So today I just praise God for blessing me with this body and for the strength to continue on in my life's journey."

I am also so very glad that I was taught as a child that even if you don't feel like doing stuff- if it needs to be done - then do it. This has helped me so very much over the past couple of months. There are times when I am tired and don't feel like doing any thing- but like the dishes need to be done - so I will tell myself- do the dishes and then you can get on the computer - or what ever else fun thing I want to do. That way I am able to get the things done that need to get done and I am also able to rest and relax. It's a balancing act - and I don't want to be so on one side that it is not good for me. Not doing anything is not good for me and so is trying to do it all. So I continue to balance and slowly get at least the important things done.

Our weather has been nice today also- the granddaughter and I were able to go in the back yard and play. I needed to get my chickens some fresh water - so I did that too. There is potentially some bad weather coming in tomorrow afternoon- storms. We really need the rain as we are in a drought still- for the past couple of years- the worst year - we lost several trees - and we continue to be in that drought. We really need some rain - not storms just a good steady rain.

I hope you all have a great week end. :O)

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to this. Through health problems, I've come to see what really matters. Hugs to you! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking