Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Turning the AC On....

So this afternoon it got pretty warm in our house - about 78 degrees. I know that is not horrible. But when I am already having problems with heat flashes- caused by the chemo. So I decided to close the windows and turn the AC on. I am so thankful that I did. It is mid 80's outside. Suppose to be this kind of temps for the next couple of days. Friday will find us with cooler temps. So happy to hear that.

I'm doing alright. I am still battling this nausea feeling. And today it feels like it has got the upper hand, which is frustrating because you would think since I am taking the breakthrough meds- I would be feeling better - but just feel like all day long I have had to fight this feeling. I guess I have not figured out the balance of how to keep that crappy feeling at bay. They say to stay on top of it cause if it gets out of hand it is hard to get it back under control. Well that is hard for me to do. Basically because I don't want to take a lot of meds unnecessarily.

The good news is that each day that I get through - the closer I get to feeling better. But I will be honest this feeling crappy can really cause me to be emotional. Especially knowing that I have one more treatment to get through. And to know that you are going to have to face this crappy feeling ......again......well it is hard. Think about the last time you were sick and felt horrible. Now imagine that you know for sure in 3 weeks time or less - you WILL - not may - but WILL feel that crappy again - if not worse.... see it's no fun.

So anyway - I am thankful for the AC today! How is the weather where you are today?

3 comments:

  1. Sending love and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that nausea feeling goes away soon, it is such a horrible way to feel Hugs to you!
    The weather is gloomy here, a good day to stay inside with coffee and a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Focus on today dear friend, not tomorrow, or 3 weeks from today. God gives us strength for the day...sometimes for the moment by moment~not even the full day...
    . New American Standard Bible
    "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Mathew 6:34

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking