Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Thanks for the Prayers

Today I went to my Dr appointment. I was nervous on the way there. I spent some of the time praying and asking God to give me the strength needed.

I did not have to have blood drawn today - that will be on Friday before chemo - like usual. I was happy about that. I was happy to be able to get a paper showing me my basic lab reports. I can not wait till chemo is behind me and hopefully my blood levels get back to normal.

I was able to ask my Dr several questions that I had. And we discussed what would come next in treatment. This is what I had been asking for prayers. I had felt like radiation would not be the best thing for me - at least at this time. I am so glad that I had done my research and that I had taken the time to talk to my Dr. I was also happy to hear her say that this was my treatment - and that I had a say in what we did- or did not do. I explained to her that before the pet/ct scans that I had been fearful that the cancer had spread. But that I had come to the conclusion that God was more than able to contain the cancer in my uterus if He so chose. And that when the results came back clear- I had been thrilled. There was no cancer in my cervix or my ovary/fallopian tube. And if there were cancer cells in my body- that I had confidence that the chemo had taken care of them.

So now - I will do my last chemo on Friday. YAY!!!! So glad that this will be behind me. Then I will be having another ct scan in order to get a base line.

Anyway so that is where we are now. Thank you so much for the prayers. I really appreciate them! :O)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad everything went well at your appointment. I'm so happy that you will have your last chemo on Friday and then be done with that! You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories