Tuesday, April 29, 2014

True Beauty

There is another lesson I have learned over the last few months. And that is a person's hair - whether it be your eye brows, eye lashes, or your hair-  really make up ALOT of what you look like. And when you lose them there is a big difference.

A lot of people spend big bucks on having their hair done or their eye brows done. But those things are only superficial.

That kind of beauty is only skin deep, but that is not true beauty. True beauty begins on the inside and radiates outward. Have you ever meant anyone like this? I have and they have blessed my life tremendously!

True beauty takes you from being self conscience to being humble, realizing that God- the creator of the universe  created you. And being OK with yourself even though there may be aspects of yourself that you have not been happy with.


Humility that takes the focus off of self and puts it onto God- knowing that he created you for a purpose. And the sooner that you accept the person He created you to be, the sooner you can put your focus from self to fulfilling your purpose.

"For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother's womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully
And wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well."
Psalm139:13-14

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post! Thank you for sharing this, my friend. Your inward beauty shines to all who know you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so...well...beautiful! Especially when you say the replacement for self-consciousness is humility, in the knowledge that the God of the universe stooped down to make even me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, my brightly shining, beautiful friend.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories