Friday, April 18, 2014

It's Over - Yeah!

Just wanted to check in and let you all know that I made it through my last chemo without any reactions. We were there till 5pm and traffic was horrible so it took us longer than normal to get home but was so glad it was over.

Today I started getting nauseous halfway in the middle of the first chemo- the 3 hour one. So about 4pm - after they had started the Carbo and I was doing alright - I took my first Zofran. I have never had to take one that early before. Remember they give me meds for nausea before they start my chemo.

I also got a copy of my blood work. And a lot of my numbers were low or high. And as I looked at the numbers - I thought how thankful I was that I would not be having to have any more. I don't know if I could have made it through any more.

Now it is time to focus on recovery from this. Well I need to get through this week first but then I will focus on recovery in a more concentrated way.

I am tired- I had to take the breakthrough med already. And will have to take the Zofran again at midnight - might have to set the alarm just to make sure I take it in time. Don't want to let the nausea get out of control.

Thank you so very much for the prayers and encouragement! God bless you - each and every one of you :O)

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad that is behind you. Sending you wishes for better days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo, that is awesome. Enjoy your Easter. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's over! Hurrah! I hope this coming week is a good one as you start your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Definitely time to celebrate the way the Lord has brought you through this "adventure" thus far. I pray the road from here will bring you your best health yet!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories