Sunday, April 6, 2014

Overcast, but the Son of God is shining in my heart

Today is an overcast rainy day. I am very thankful for the rain, because we have been in drought conditions for a couple of years. We still have cracks in the ground because of the lack of rain. As I sit here and enjoy the rain and write this I am also very thankful that my husband was able to get the yard mowed on Friday. This was the first mowing of the year. What is kind of sad is that I think I ended up mowing the first of November. So we had 5 month off from mowing- that's it.

And while he mowed I was able to get some of my weed eating done in the back yard. At least the places up around the house and in the yard close to the house that are hard to get with the lawn mower. I will continue to work on weed eating the yard this week, once it dries up anyway.

I am feeling much better now. I think that I only have one treatment left has helped me tremendously. It seems that the last couple of times I have dreaded the next chemo more and more each time. Don't get me wrong- I still dread my next chemo. Especially since it will be on Good Friday and since our son will have his daughter that weekend. Which will put more pressure on me to make it a special week end for her. I can't wait till this is over and I'm feeling better and able to do more with her. Anyway it seems that only having one more chemo has really helped my spirits. I think the fact that I am coming more to a place of acceptance with having the cancer in the first place and believing more and more that God is in control and that He is gonna work things out for His glory. Just like we are told in Romans:

28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28 

And when you begin to trust God more and more to work out, even the painful trials in your life, for His Glory-it makes it much easier to accept and go through. And I think I am seeing His hand at work more and more. 

Yesterday at church I was given the opportunity to share of a few experiences in my life when I could see the hand of God protect me. And it felt good to be able to lift Jesus up. 

We'll I need to get off of here and get on with my day. I hope you all have a blessed day- no matter what your weather is like the son of God can shine on you! God bless :0)




3 comments:

  1. It is such a blessing to have the opportunity to testify of God's goodness on our lives. Take Care, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, whenever we fight against our circumstance it makes it so much harder!
    God is in control...always, and he loves us.
    Blessings~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories