Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Not Again...

It seems I have been learning and relearning a lot of lessons lately.

This past weekend when I was writing the post about true beauty something happened that made me feel less than. There it was again, that self-conscience feeling again. "Oh man," I thought. "I had really thought I had gotten past those ugly feelings." Then I realized that because I had been writing about growth- about coming to a place in my life where I was realizing that God created me and I needed to come to a place of acceptance, that I was under attack again.

Here they were again- those thoughts of not being good enough. Then I remembered that this was not the first time that this had happened to me. Nope. And it won't be the last either. Anyway it just seems to happen this way to me. How about it you?

I come to a place of thinking that I've made an improvement in an area of my life and I decide to write a blog post about it in order to encourage others along this journey called life. And guess what happens? The adversary rears his ugly head and, I, too often fall for his trickery.....again.

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary
the devil walks around like a roaring lion,
seeking whom he may devour."
1 Peter 5:8

This time I was quicker to catch on and thank goodness, move on with confidence from my Heavenly Father. The adversary may try to knock me down,but God's on my side. I just need to keep my focus on Him. And allow Him to fight those battles for me.

"The LORD will fight for you and you shall hold your peace."
Exodus 14:14
 

3 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to how you were feeling. I often have to remind myself that I am a child of the one true King. My worth is in HIm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is how it usually happens...But, you are aware and will know how to recognize the enemies tricks.
    I tried leavin gyou a comment on that last post too...but it just would not let me!...Hmmm now I know why...But God's plan will go forward...not the enemy's!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories