Thursday, May 1, 2014

No Testimony without a Test




Over the last 5 months, I have found myself asking the question why? Many times. Questions like:

Why did cancer happen to me?

Why was the cancer allowed to grow to such a size that more treatment other than just surgery would be needed?

Why did my cancer cells have to be grade 3 - the most aggressive ones?

Why Me? Why Me? Why Me?

What good can come out of this?

More times than I would like to admit- to be honest. And it seems now, that the chemo part of my new "adventure" is over, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I feel more joy than I have felt. And I am having more clarity. More clarity as to why- why cancer happened to me.

You can't make the word testimony without the word "test."  And it is true in our Christian walk as well. It is hard to have a testimony without having trials and tests in your life. This is not my first test/trial. Not at all. And I am sure it is not going to be my last one either.

Slowly I am learning of reasons of why. And today I wanted to share one of them briefly with you all. A friend of mine was unpacking some things and ended up hurting her leg. She had hoped not to have to have surgery - but it is looking more and more like she will have to have surgery. And I was able to be of encouragement to her - reassuring her that no matter what she faced that God would be there with her ever step of the way. And not in an old pat answer - but truly from the heart - from a heart of faith and belief in what I was sharing with her. And by my sharing with her I was able to encourage her on her journey through life. And at the same time - it helped me on my journey as well.

When we share our testimony - we not only encourage those around us but it does us a lot of good as well. It reinforces our faith as well. And I am thinking that these reasons might just be a few of the reasons "why." And as long as I know that God is in control, then I can rest in His arms.

 

2 comments:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision