Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Hand of Protection

This past week-end - we again saw hand of protection on us. The truth is that we would probably be amazed if we realized how many things we are protected from. This past week end we just got lucky and was able to see it for ourselves- well at least hear of it for ourselves.

This past week-end we decided to go to my Mother in laws house and put up a ceiling fan that she has been needing replaced for a while. So we went over there and my husband and son got the old ceiling fan down and the new one put up. She was so happy to have the new one up. The old one was not working. And in fact, us deciding to change the fan out ended up being more of a blessing to her than she realized. When my husband took down the old ceiling fan the motor was hot. The fan had not been working - but apparently it was on and the motor was working. I am so thankful that it did not start a fire or anything. Plus now I am guessing my MIL will see at least a little change in her electric bill.

So we got the fans changed out and visited with her for a while. She has not seen our little Sweetpea in quite some time - so it was good for her to get to spend some time with her.

After a while it was time for us to go home- so I could make supper. About 30 minutes - 45 minutes after we got back to our house, we got an e-mail from my MIL. Come to find out - not long after we left - a huge limb from a tree by her driveway lost a huge limb and it landed right where our car had been, right where we walked out to- in order to get into the car. Praise the Lord! I am so thankful for His protection. I am thankful no one was out there when it fell and that no one got hurt. It was truly a blessing.

Anyway I just had to share this little story with you all. There are many times that we are protected and we just don't realize it. Sometimes we are not protected from the bad things in life - and even then God has His hand on our lives - taking care of the details and protecting us. He gives us the strength and courage needed. So whether he protects us from or through our trials - His love for us never fails. :o)

4 comments:

  1. Wow Lisa!
    God surely does have his protective hand on you and your family...I especially like how you said:
    "So whether he protects us from or through our trials - His love for us never fails." AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing. And I agree, we have so much to thank Him for, yet we often fail to even see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, from or through...such a profound thought!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories