Wednesday, May 7, 2014

This and That

Last week - we found the coolest stuff at Cracker Barrel. We spent like 14.99 on this stuff but it is so cool - we all have enjoyed it.
 
It is called Sand's Alive.

It is this cool sand like stuff but it really does not feel gritty and it sticks together. And then pulls apart really cool like. I think playing with this sand is great therapy!
It comes with these four castle molds.
 
As I said before - we all have enjoyed playing with this stuff. My granddaughter especially liked pinching the tops off of my castles.
But you can't really be upset with a face like this, can you?
Photo
If you find yourself at Cracker Barrel any time soon - look around and see if you can find it. My store had a display with it out where you could play with it. That was very clever indeed.
This was a favorite photo taken of her recently.
***************************************************
You know I have shared before that I was able to find out that the Paul Mitchell hair stuff that I buy actually ended up being a good deal. I had thought that the $10.00 or so price tag for the stuff was expensive, but the product worked really well and I had not found anything else that worked as well. Anyway when I bought a bottle of the stuff- I wrote the date on the bottom of the bottle- and come to find out that stuff lasted me about 4 months or so. When I found that out, I felt much better about the money I spent on it.
 
Well I decided to do the same thing with my perfume. The bottles of my perfume are running around $30.00 now. I have tried cheaper perfumes - only to find that the smell did not stay with me very long, making it a not so good deal - even if it were cheaper.
 
So this week - I ran out of the last bottle of perfume - look at how long it lasted me:
Almost 1 1/2 years.

I think it lasted a little longer than usual this time because I did not wear it during chemo or the first week of chemo very often. So that extended the time some.
 
I got my new bottle out and wrote the date on the bottom of it - and look forward to seeing how long it will last me. 

8 comments:

  1. Awesome. I want to get that for my great nephew, my little man. He will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very clever to write the date under the container to see how long it lasts, so you know if it is a good deal. I recently counted how many cups of coffee I got out of some seemingly expensive gourmet coffee that my husband bought me. It turned out to be well worth the price, costing pence per cup compared to a few quid at a cafe for a good cuppa.
    Your granddaughter is beautiful! What a precious little girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when I am able to figure out that something is actually a good deal. I think she is beautiful too! :O)

      Delete
  3. Your granddaughter is ADORABLE!
    I love playing with the crayons and paper with mine.
    We don't live near a Cracker Barrel.
    I find I am returning to many child-like ways since my illness...Love painting little pictures and playing with the dogs more...I often sleep with the teddy bear Jeff gave me before surgery...usually when I am having a rough time...It helps.
    I did some flower gardening today...cleaned out some leaves and such...Can't wait to get my energy back so I can work longer and get more done!
    Have a great weekend, & God bless~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear that you have been feeling good enough to do some gardening and such. I am happy that you now have your last chemo behind you and that your numbers were good. Continuing to pray for you. Happy Mother's day to you! Lisa :O)

      Delete
  4. Your granddaughter is precious!!! My grandchildren are far from Hubby and I (we have one son at home; our two daughters are married and both have children). Happy for Skype and face time on our cell phones :-). My favorite perfume I still have enough of...but I never thought to date it. How clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry that your grandchildren live far from you. We only get to see our granddaughter every other week end and that seems like such a long time to us. So I can imagine how hard it is on you and your husband. Hope you have a Happy Mother's Day! Lisa :O)

      Delete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)