Monday, May 12, 2014

A New Normal

Several thoughts to share today. First of all - now I realize that make up used to be a luxury for me - but now it is really a necessity. You wouldn't believe- well maybe you would- how much different your face looks with just half the eye lashes and half the eye brows and then especially without hair. It makes a big difference. And I am at the point in all of this that if I don't have make up on - I look sickly.

Today, even though I am not going any where- I put on make up. Just because it is easier to look at myself with make up on. Oh and have I mentioned that it takes me about twice as long to put the make up on now. Because I have to use more eye liner, eye shadow, and eye brow pencil. It takes a lot more just to look decent. And still I struggle with putting it on so it will look nice. My eye brows are very challenging - about every day. I want them to look alike - an that is hard to achieve - for me anyway.

Another thing I have noticed is that my brain is still a little off. I have been studying the Bible and really doing studies and such on different topics and all. And I continue to find so much encouragement in the Bible - but when I think about how to put my thoughts together to encourage you all- I draw a blank in my mind. And so I have just been studying and praying that God will guide and direct me. And try to do what I can to continue to recoup.

I have wanted to badly to be back to normal- but I have realized that I am still in recovery. What my body has been through the last 8 months - has been an awful lot. I have probably been poked and prodded more in the last 8 months than I have been through in the last 18 years. And that's the truth. And I can not expect it to just spring back to normal - just because chemo is over. So I am giving myself permission to rest and to realize that in due time I will be back to normal- even if it is a new normal. And that is ok. God is in charge!

3 comments:

  1. I do not have cancer, but after having my stroke, I totally understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be kind to yourself--you are right, your body has been through so much! What you share on your blog here is more encouraging than you perhaps realize. God can take the little we have to offer for Him, and turn it into a feast. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an incredible encouragement to me. I'm so thankful to have your friendship. Let me know of any make-up tips and tricks you discover! Take care and make sure to take some time to rest.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking