Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I made it through

Just checking in to let you guys know how today went. I am home now. Things went pretty smoothly. When I got to the place that was going to run the test - I was given the choice of flavors for the barium stuff- at first I went with very berry - 2 bottles of it. But 3/4 of the way through bottle number 1 I realized that I would not be able to make it through another 15 ounces - so I had my  husband trade out for a banana flavored bottle. It actually seemed easier to take. So if I have to do it again - I am thinking I will go with a banana bottle and a vanilla bottle.

I then had to have an iv - and they put a little saline through to make sure that it was going to work. I had a few scans done and then they put the iodine into the iv. I felt the warm sensation - that I had been warned about. Then they did a few more scans. You are told to take a deep breath and hold your breath- sometimes for about 5 seconds and sometimes 10 seconds. And after a few of those- it was over. Then the iv was removed and I was ready to go. So very thankful that it went smoothly.

And the best news- is that I did not have to try out the beach towel/ Walmart combo - that we had set up just in case I ended up with diarrhea and did not make it home. We did go straight home - just in case diarrhea did hit - but as of now - a couple of hours later- I have not had any problems with that. I have had a headache though. And so I have been trying to drink a lot of water to move things on through.

Anyway I will find out the results on Friday. I will have labs done, see Dr and have the port flushed.
Anyway - I will let you guys know what I find out Friday afternoon.

******************************
While I was there - I meant a lady named Tracy - she is only 41 years old. And on Good Friday - the day that I had my last Chemo - she was finding out that she had breast cancer. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. She has had a whirlwind couple of weeks- and the rest of this week is full of - Wed - a port put in with Friday being her 1st chemo. She really needs prayers. Thanks so much! :o)

6 comments:

  1. Prayers going up for you, and Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too will pray for your continued recovery and for Tracy's new journey. You are very encouraging to those who read here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad it went smoothly. I hope the results all come back good. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad it went smoothly for you...I will have to remember that flavor combo!
    It's good you don't have to wait very long for the results...a guy in chemo said he had to wait two weeks for his results!
    Praying for all good results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keeping Tracy in prayer also...I know what she's going through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so very much ladies for the prayers for me and for Tracy.
    Lisa :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity