Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Guidance and Direction

Wow - I think I have had a breakthrough. Last night I was studying the Bible and I came across a beautiful verse. I do not remember what led me to this verse, all I know is I was meant to find it.

    The Lord will guide you continually, And satisfy your soul in drought,
And strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden,
And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.   
Isaiah 58:11
 
Lately I have felt like I was in a drought. There are several different reason's for me to be feeling like that - but that would take too much time to even go there, so we will move right along and bypass that explanation.
 
Since this past week end when I began to really realize that I was in a drought, I have changed a few things up in my quiet time. First off, I have been taking more time to study the Bible. Another thing that I have done is began to do studies on words and actually look up all the verses that use that word to get a better understanding of that word in the Bible. And as I have said in the past  the more time you spend in the Bible the better. And sure enough my soul began to get watered but I did not quiet get it yet.
 
This morning, after my husband left for work, while I was resting, I began praying. And I remembered what my Dad used to always pray and that was for God to guide and direct him/us. And I realized that I knew that God has been guiding me and directing my path, but I had been taking advantage of that fact.
 
It is important to ask God to guide and direct you because it shows that you realize your need for his guidance and direction. It also shows that you are willing to submit your life and your will to Him. Once I did that, I realized that I had gotten away from allowing Him to guide me. I have been allowing him to sort of lead me, but I needed to totally surrender my life to Him and allow Him to guide me. There is a big change when you admit your helplessness and your need of all the gifts that He gives.
    Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above,
and comes down from the Father of lights,
with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.   
James 1:17
 
So this morning, I asked Him to guide and direct my path. I also asked him for more faith and wisdom.
 
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God,
who gives to all liberally and without reproach,
and it will be given to him.   
 James 1:5
 
God is faithful. When we realize that every good and perfect gift comes from Him, our soul is fed. No longer are we in a drought, because we know the source from which all things we need comes.
 
    "Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, And whose hope is the Lord.
             8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,
Which spreads out its roots by the river,
 And will not fear when heat comes;
 But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought,
 Nor will cease from yielding fruit.   
Jeremiah 17:7-8
 
When we realize our need and we begin to pray for these needs and for guidance and direction we will be like "a tree planted by the waters."
 
And did you notice what happens then?
 
1. We will not fear when heat comes.
2. We will not be anxious in the year of drought.
3. Nor will we cease from yielding fruit.
 
Those sound like some awesome blessings indeed!
 
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
             6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6
 
In response to my prayer, not only was I given what I had asked for, but I was blessed with some extras! I feel more joy, hope and peace than I have this whole last week or so.
 
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.   
Ephesians 3:20-21
 
I am so thankful that I serve such a generous God. He gave me what I asked for plus so much more. And believe me - sincerely asking for God's guidance and direction will be a habit I intend to get into and continue with the rest of my life.
 

2 comments:

  1. It makes me think of the Lord's prayer, "Your will be done." I hope you're having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories