Tuesday, May 27, 2014

God is Still In Control

Yes- this post was originally titled "A little disappointed" but Praise God the title changed:

Is feeling agitated and disappointed. The cancer "adventure" has been expensive on us. I have hated to put so much more strain on our household already.

Remember when I had genetic testing done? Well I was told that if my part of the bill was over $100. I would get a phone call from the lab and they would let me know how much it would cost and then I would be able to decide if I wanted to have the test done or not. Well I never got a phone call which made me think that my bill would be under $100. At least you would think- wouldn't you? Well I just found out that our part will be over $500. We already have a lot of other medical bills that we are working on paying and it is frustrating to me to now have this big bill on us - that was not a necessity at all. Had I known it would cost this much I would have said NO. No hesitation at all. Now I regret even having this test done. And I regret giving the lab permission to use my blood in their studies. And not only did I find out our bill was ALOT more than I thought it would be. They submitted the bill March 5th- more than a month before I got results back...

I am trying to reconcile something in my thinking right now. This morning I read part of a great small book - that was talking about Romans 8:28

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.   
 
So now I am wondering how- having even more of a financial strain on my family is a good thing. I have been trying to have faith that God is working on making this whole cancer "adventure" a good thing.

Anyway just feeling discouraged right now. Just feel that the bills are piling up a little too much. Already had a couple of tags for our vehicles due. And the Dr bills on top of that. And just feeling a little overwhelmed. I am trying to trust that God has everything under control - cause I sure don't.

I'll be praying for a miracle - for God to supply the money needed to pay these bills.
*****************************************************
Edited to add :
I talked to the lady at the genetic testing place and it looks like our part will be the $100. instead of the $500. I am Praising God. That $100 is still a lot on top of our other medical bills coming in and the other stuff- but God is still in control and He continually takes care of us. So I am trusting that He will provide the money needed to pay these bills.

The booklet that I was reading today - All things work together- not some things - but ALL things. I am going to continue to trust God to work all of this out. He can and will work it out how He wants it to work out. :o)
 

3 comments:

  1. What a relief that the price was not $500 after all! Our Father truly does own the cattle on a thousand hills, and He will provide for all the medical bills. I need that reminder often as well, but I have never known the Lord to fail me financially. He always provides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart sweet friend. God will supply all your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just read this post and realise that although there are shortcomings in our NHS in the UK at least I don't have to worry about finding extra money.

    ( I must have cost them hundreds of thousands of pounds over the years and I often wonder if it was money well spent - I suppose I am a guilty survivor, wondering if my life was worthy enough to be saved)

    I pray that everything will sort itself out for you financially - things often work out in strange and mysterious ways. X

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking