Thursday, May 22, 2014

A Watched Pot

They say a watched pot never boils. Well I am learning another lesson- a watched head does not seem to grow hair. A lot of people have said my hair would grow in fast. Well apparently my definition of fast and their definition - are entirely two different things.... lol :O)

 I know it has only been two weeks from when the end of my last chemo cycle ended but I had really hoped by now I would be seeing some significant hair growth, at least something more than the peach fuzz that take quite a bit of effort to see.

Trust me when I tell you that it is hard to look at you own head to see if there is any hair growth. I have even used a camera- I used my phone first and that did not get clear enough photos so I thought maybe the real camera would - you know the flash might help me see the hair better. Well it did not do hardly any better. I saw a friend this week who looked at my head to see about my hair growth and I think she was surprised that she could hardly see anything at all. She did not say much- but you could tell by the look on her face.

I had really hoped to have had a decent amount of hair by my birthday in November - but I am beginning to think that I will be lucky to be able to have enough hair to feel comfortable without a hat by the 1 year anniversary of losing my hair- Jan 19th.

I am trying to stay positive about it all. And try not to focus on that part. I am just anxious to see what my hair ends up looking like - what color and if it will be curly like a lot of people have said their hair comes back - after chemo. I just think it will be really cool to see. I saved some of my hair when we cut it off - to compare with the new hair that comes in. I think it will be neat to see.

With hair - it is hard to just put a lid on it and not pay any attention to it for a while... lol

3 comments:

  1. People have told me around 3 or 4 months before enough coverage that they did not need a hat or wig anymore, so you should be good by your birthday!
    It will be a surprise...Hopefully a good one...although after losing it all...no matter the condition, just having hair again will be good!
    Last night I had a panic attack because I couldn't find my favorite comfy hat...and I kept saying that it was a disaster...turned out I was sitting on it ...and me and Jeff both searched the whole house...lol!
    People might not understand how important that favorite hat is when you have no hair...I told Jeff I'm gonna attach a string onto it so I never lose it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“The Central Issue: Love or Selfishness?” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN...

Sorry I missed posting last week. Here is the 2nd lesson in this series. I am hoping it blesses you! :O)