Tuesday, May 20, 2014

His Hand at Work

Well yesterday I finally got the phone call that I have been waiting for - for almost 3 months. The call from the Genetic Testing place. I was tested for 23 things- and the good news is that I tested negative for all of them!! Praise the Lord!!!!

To be honest, I meant mixed emotions about that phone call. At first I was so very happy to finally get the news and to have the news positive news was wonderful. A real answer to prayer. But as I thought about it I began to wonder - why? again. If my cancer could not be blamed on a mutated gene - then why? Well I don't know for sure why - but I know that God used it as a testing time for me. For me to learn to be "be still and know that I (He is) am God." For me to learn to lean on Him and to trust Him, to have faith that He is in control- even in the hard times.

"The path where God leads the way may lie through the desert or the sea, but it is a safe path."
PP 290.3
 
 
"God has always tried His people in the furnace of affliction. It is in the heat of the furnace that the dross is separated from the true gold of the Christian character. Jesus watches the test; He knows what is needed to purify the precious metal, that it may reflect the radiance of His love. It is by close, testing trials that God disciplines His servants. He sees that some have powers which may be used in the advancement of His work, and He puts these persons upon trial; in His providence He brings them into positions that test their character and reveal defects and weaknesses that have been hidden from their own knowledge. He gives them opportunity to correct these defects and to fit themselves for His service. He shows them their own weakness, and teaches them to lean upon Him; for He is their only help and safeguard. Thus His object is attained.  They are educated, trained, and disciplined, prepared to fulfill the grand purpose for which their powers were given them.
 When God calls them to action, they are ready, and heavenly angels can unite with them in the work to be accomplished on the earth."
PP 129-130
 
"Each fiery trial is God's agent for their refining. Each is fitting them for their work as colaborers with Him. Each conflict has its place in the great battle for righteousness, and each will add to the joy of their final triumph. Having this in view, the test of their faith and patience will be cheerfully accepted rather than dreaded and avoided. Anxious to fulfill their obligation to the world, fixing their desire upon the approval of God, His servants are to fulfill every duty, irrespective of the fear or the favor of men."
DA 306 
 
 
It worked out perfectly. Yesterday I struggled with a few things - and then this morning during quiet time - God led me back to these quotes to remind me that He is working everything out for the best. So that I can be the person that He created me to be.
 
And unfortunately that means going through some hard times and not always understanding why - but when we look at the big picture - we can see His hand at work through it all!
 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats, wonderful news. Where God leads you, He will always follow. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praising God with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is good news about the test results! There are so many things that can cause cancer in our world these days that you just may never know exactly what caused it for you. I praise God with you for the reminders of His leading and faithfulness even when we don't understand why. As always, the things you shared are an encouragement to others as well.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity