Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Created by the Creator of the Universe

 

Before you all think that my hair sure grew back fast, I have to say that this photo was taken in April of 2013, - before we found out I had cancer..

This cancer has changed my outlook quite a bit. The truth is, I have along ways to go. But there has been improvement. And for that, I am grateful!

When these photos were taken - I remember going through them and deleting a few because I felt I looked too fat in the photos. They were not flattering enough- so I deleted them. Fast forward to the other day. I was looking through my photos I had shared on Facebook - and decided to make this -


photo my profile photo. As I looked at this photo - I saw peace and contentment. And Hair!! I was able to look at myself a little bit more gently than I used to look at myself. And it felt good. It felt good to not be comparing myself to all of the "perfect" people in the world. God made each of us unique and the sooner we realize that - the better. Too bad - I had to get cancer in order to really appreciate that God created me and loved me and that since I was of value to Him - I am of value!
I don't have to fall into any of the high standards set by the world. I can be content and happy knowing that I am loved and of value because I was created by the Creator of the universe.

I hope you realize how valuable you are! God created you too and you are special. His love never fails- and it never gives up on us! That reminds me of the song - "One Thing Remains"

Your love never fails
It never gives up
It never runs out on me
 
If you have heard the song- you are no doubt singing it by now... Those words are so true. I love the reminder!

  For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.   
Romans 8:38-39

3 comments:

  1. You are beautiful. Totally awesome, love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, you are such a beautiful lady! I sure can relate to this post and how you used to feel looking through photos of yourself, I'm quick to be harsh to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a very beautiful child of the King!
    You know, I had to learn these things the hard way too. Now my biggest fear is forgetting what I've learned...especially after going through so much...Maybe that is why God allowed the cancer to invade us in the first time, so that we would not only learn...but so that we wouldn't easily forget how much he values us?
    Blessings and love~ Lisa in Michigan :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

31: Honey, I Love You!