Thursday, May 29, 2014

His "Many Blessings"

Earlier this week, I mentioned reading a little booklet that talked about Romans 8:28 and how God works out ALL things for good to those who love God. Well I am continuing to read this booklet- When Days Are Dark by G. R. Nash

Today I read something that I thought was very important for us all to remember - especially while we are going through the trials of live. I hope it blesses you as it blessed me.

********************************************************************

"It is the usual thing for us to express our gratitude to God for His "many blessings"_ such as health, home, and prosperity. But do we also thank Him for tribulation, which contributes more to our lives than the comfortable things> To particularize, how do we feel about:

a. The sorrow that makes us sympathetic?
b. The pain that leaves its deposit of patience in our lives?
c. The trying problem that drives us to think?
d. The criticism that compels us to check up on ourselves?
e. The disappointments that keep us humble?
f. The fears that engender righteousness?
g. The difficulties that keep us dependent upon God?

All of these and a thousand other things are worth more to  us than many easy victories that produce no growth."
***********************************
 
One more thing to think about:
 
"If we could only see the many dangers from which we are daily preserved by the holy angels, instead of complaining of our trials and misfortunes, we would talk continually of the mercies of God." _ Sons and Daughters of God pg. 116
 


3 comments:

  1. Don't understand g. What's good in being dependent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynia~ I really don't know how to answer that right now, but I will be praying for more understanding to be able to answer it or for you to get an answer for your question. God bless~ Lisa :O)

      Delete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision