Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Battle is the Lord's

Well the good news is that so far today _ I am feeling better. Yesterday was a rough day. I just struggled with feeling yucky all day long. I had even kept taking my Zofran. I finally by evening decided to take the breakthrough medicine that the Dr had prescribed. And so far I am feeling better. I could kick myself- really. I had been so afraid to introduce something new that I did not know how I would react to- especially when I developed a bad reaction to the hydrocodone I was taking for pain. Anyway so yesterday I found a private group on Facebook that is for women with Endometrial cancer- Praise the Lord!! There are ALOT of women with this kind of cancer- and why it is so hard to find a place on the Internet for us - I have no understand. But I am thankful that God led me to this group of women. Anyway after reading a few things some of the ladies had to say - I thought - Ok - I already feel crappy - what can it hurt to take this pill. So I broke it in half and took one before bed. And did good with it. I am SO hoping that on my Chemo #6 - I will have better luck with keeping the nausea under control. I can hope.

I am still having aches and pains - but not horrible. Bearable with motrin. And that is nice. And the neuropathy is still bothering me - but I know I will have to deal with that till months after chemo is finished. I just hope I don't have more problems with neuropathy- after chemo is finished like some people experience.

This week in my devotional book - I have read about how a person really needs to stay away from feeling discouraged and depressed. That when you are feeling this way - it is easier for the devil to attack and win. Well this is something I really need to work on, because this time period after chemo - the first week when I am struggling with all the side effects- It is so easy for me to feel discouraged and depressed. I try to hard to turn it around as soon as I can. But it is very difficult - when your body is going through so much physical attack to keep from going to that dark place. Anyway the good news is that God's grace is enough for me and He supplies everything that I need in the battle. I just need to trust in Him. I am so thankful for His grace and mercy and especially His love. He has told me over and over again - "Be still and know that I am God" And "I shall fight for you and you shall hold your peace." This is not a battle I have to fight or win- this is the Lord's battle. I will keep my eyes on Him and He shall fight for me. :O)

5 comments:

  1. I can sense the Lord's strength working through you in this post! It is not our battle...That is so true.
    Remember, Jesus is pro life...He want to give us life and that abundantly!...The devil uses this time to whisper lies to us...But we know the truth!
    So glad the medication worked for you...There's no reason to be more miserable if you don't have to...Modern medicine is another gift from God!
    Blessings and love~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you've expressed that concept about letting the Lord fight our discouragement for us so beautifully. I think that is something I struggle with, too...yet I want to overcome and not BE overcome with all those dark things the devil wants to put in my path. You're right about God's grace being enough. Like my mom says, if it's enough for anythjng it's enough for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thankful for your being led to that FB group! Praying for you tonight. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep your eyes on the Lord! Thinking of you and sending you a big hug, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“The Central Issue: Love or Selfishness?” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN...

Sorry I missed posting last week. Here is the 2nd lesson in this series. I am hoping it blesses you! :O)