Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Prayer Warriors Battle Skills #4

Prayer Warriors

by Ron Halvorsen
 

Battle Skill 4- Planning and Recording Your Prayers

 
I think that this skill is probably one of the ones that really stood out to me and that I implemented as soon as I possibly could. It was a good thing that I have a pile of empty spirals just waiting to be used.
 
"Successful businesses always have a master plan and keep thorough records of business transactions. Isn't prayer your Father's business? Some of the most successful Prayer Warriors I know keep careful prayer journals or diaries. First they list people to pray for, along with their specific needs. Then they make a three-column prayer record:
 
Column 1- The date they began to pray or renewed their prayer for a specific person or need.
 
Column 2- The concern or person(s) for whom they prayed.
 
Column 3- When and how the prayer was answered. " (pg 66)
 
I love this idea. Before I started keeping a better record of my prayers - I would pray for things and then totally forget about them. Which in a way is good because it means I have left the results up to God. However, the problem is that when I have forgotten those prayers then it is easy for me not to realize when God has answered those prayers. Now periodically I will read through my prayer request and I will update the answers to prayers. And when I do this, I am reminded of God's care for even the little things. It is good to be remember the way God has worked in the past - especially when you are going through an harder time than usual. God is there and He does answer prayers and I am so very thankful!! Praise God for His watch care over us.
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking