Sunday, April 28, 2013

Beautiful Weekend

Hello~ I hope you all are having a good week end! Ours has been a very nice one. The weather has been great. You know the kind of weather that you can keep the windows open and enjoy the natural breeze through the house?! Yep- that is how it is here. I just love this kind of weather. Before too long - it will be hot here so I thoroughly enjoy this weather as long as we have it.
You know I said we were going to make some Strawberry Jelly? Well we made that first batch - it ended up being a great jelly for diabetic. We learned some great stuff about canning and making jelly. We found out that there are two kinds of pectin- one that has sweetener added and another kind that does not. So on the ones that have sweetener added already - your not suppose to add sugar but several of the youtube videos that I watched said that they added at least a little bit of sugar - even to the pectin's that said you did not have to add sugar.
Another thing we found out is that it is hard to tell how much strawberries are needed. We have finally set up a recipe (after making our second batch of jelly this weekend) that works for us. And I like that. It is a try it till you get it right thing. And it just took two tries to get it right for our family.
After talking about the jelly with people at work - several of them wanted a jar. So he took several with him on Friday. We are going to give each of our Mothers a jar of it for Mother's Day along with some other special things. I think they will both enjoy it. And I have a few other people I want to share with. With Strawberries being in season right now -it is the best time to make the jelly right now.
Ok - I also have a prayer request- Tomorrow is a BIG day for our family. My oldest son has court -my husband and I will be going with him. And my other son has an interview. We are hoping a door is open for him - since the job he is going for - is something that they don't always like to hire - right out of school. Also my oldest son might have a good lead on a job - and let me tell you - He REALLY needs a job. We do NOT have the money to pay his bills. We have helped out for a few months because my husband was able to make a lot of extra money along with income tax money and such. But now we are down to only having enough money to help with a couple of bills and ALL the bills are coming due. Please pray about this. SO many things that could stress me out but I am doing my best to put my focus on Jesus Christ and trust Him to provide. Thanks a lot for the prayers. You ladies are awesome!!

3 comments:

  1. Praying for all of you! It is an honor to be able to approach the throne of the King of the Universe and make our requests. How blessed we are that He calls us His children!
    So much appreciate your lifting us up in prayer--only too happy to lift you up as well! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying over all of your needs sweety. That strawberry jelly sounds delicious. Glad you have enjoyed your weekend, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy Sweet Lady
    Prayers are sent ,
    look forward to God's plans ,
    they are of course always a bit different than we humans think they should be :)
    Thank you God for being God
    at all times and in all circumstances!
    Love the strawberry jelly share ,
    thank you so much for dropping in to visit me today.
    I'm still having issues with google ?????? Oh well ,life marches on and I with it .
    Look forward to visiting as I can,still working ,and taking care of parents a lot !!!!!!!
    I agree with you sister I love open window weather here in
    Texas just wished it lasted a little bit longer .
    Big hugs wrapped with love and prayers for you and all yours.
    Until next time
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories