Monday, April 22, 2013

The Ultimate Use of a Tree

Before I ever started this blog - I was really not into writing but I heard something on the radio that happened on Earth Day and I really felt like I needed to write something about my feelings on the subject. So I wrote what is below and I posted it on Facebook. The next year - on Earth day my friend, Susan, posted this as her status on Facebook :"while celebrating Earth day, don't forget to celebrate the creator, not just the creation." So very true, couldn't have said it better myself.

So now I make a point to post this every year because I think it is a very important reminder. Have a great day! :O)
***********

Last year on Earth Day I heard on the radio how there was a group of people that went out to some Forrest and cried and yelled for the trees that have been cut down- they even said "I love you" to the trees.

As I thought about this, I realized that what was truly sad was that these people did not realize that in the Bible it is clear that God created the world and all that is in it for us. There are several examples that I can think of right of hand where trees were used in the Bible. Trees were used to build the Ark. Trees were used to build some of the furniture in the Tabernacle(then overlaid in gold.) And we must not forget trees were also used for the cross that our Jesus was crucified on.

I think we have lost our focus when we cry out publicly for the things in which God created, instead of for our Creator. Our focus has truly been lost because the ultimate gift was in the death of Jesus upon that wooden cross. And because of His death we have the gift of salvation. Will we accept it?

1 comment:

  1. This is SO true! About trees, as well as anything else in nature. Of course we are supposed to take care of the earth--but so often we forget all about the creator of the earth. Thanks for the reminder of this!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“The Central Issue: Love or Selfishness?” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN...

Sorry I missed posting last week. Here is the 2nd lesson in this series. I am hoping it blesses you! :O)