Sunday, April 21, 2013

Feeling like a Farm Girl

Ok - I guess I am just going to post pone the Bible Marking post until next week. Just way too much going on around here to get it done.

The good news is that we got all of our plants planted!! Yay! We are so thrilled to have that done. We have continued to do a bit of cleaning in our yard. It is slowly looking even better.

Here is a list of what we have planted: yellow squash, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, okra, watermelon, and cantaloupe. I also planted sage, sweet basil, oregano and rosemary plants in my little rose garden. We did not plant a whole lot of each of them but enough to supply the needs of our family. We are going to do our best to have a good crop. I have been reading about what the different plants need and I am going to do what I can to make each of them produce well.

I am beginning to feel more and more like a farm girl. Why, you ask? Well because not only do I quilt, raise chickens, garden, but this week I am going to learn how to do some canning. I have a great link that I will post here - to take you to the directions that I am going to use to make some Strawberry Honey Preserves. Yumm-o! I will be thrilled to have learned a new skill. So now you understand why I am feeling like a farm girl.

1 comment:

  1. Everything sounds yummy, lol There is nothing wrong with being a farm girl my friend, love you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)