Monday, April 1, 2013

Catching Up

Hello everyone~ I hope you all had a great week end. My husband helped with our churches Pathfinder club - while they were on the Pathfinder Camporee. He got home about noon today. God was watching over him - cause once he pulled the RV into the driveway - we noticed that the tread of on of the tires of the RV had just peeled off - like 2/3's of the way around the tire - and it had did a bit of damage to the trailer. My husband thinks he can fix it - hope so.

My Mother in law had a nice Easter Dinner for us. We were able to visit with family that we don't get to see much now that my MIL does not have the store. So it was very nice. My MIL is diabetic and so she got her meter out to check my BIL levels - he is a diabetic as well and had eaten a lot of sugar. His was 308. Then she offered all of us if we wanted to check ours - well I went ahead and did it just to see - and my number was  103. I was very happy with this number - considering I had eaten a lot plus she had made this Mississippi mud cake that was very rich. Very tasty but very rich.

While we were there we got to see 3 baby lambs. My heart broke as I saw the one that has a broken back and is not able to get up on his feet. Momma kept trying to get him to get up. Momma had actually given birth to twins but the other one died and now this one can't stand up. I don't think it will make it very long. Another thing that made me sad was the fact that this Momma was really wanting this baby to get up - baby has to get up in order to eat. Well she was looking around the pen for her other baby and then when she saw the other mother in the pen with two babies she went over and actually knocked one of the babies down. I am afraid for not only her baby dying but also her hurting the other babies. The sheep belong to my husbands uncle and I just don't know if he should try to raise sheep. He lives about 30+ minutes away and is not able to be there and really take care of them. I will be surprised if any of these babies make it.

When we were about to leave my MIL house my husband noticed a very good sized bunny out in her back yard. He told me to go inside and tell her that we had found the Easter Bunny. She came outside and enjoyed a laugh with us. Then the bunny hopped away.

All in all is was a nice day. The weather was beautiful! And will be today as well. Now Tuesday and Wednesday will be another story - Cold front and rain - lots of rain coming in.

I have jury duty today. I have to be at the court house by 9:00am. I have only gotten a summons twice before but those got cancelled. This one has not been cancelled. I am a little nervous about it.

It is at the same courthouse that we had to go to for what we had thought would be my son's divorce hearing. So at least I have been there and know what to expect. The long line just to get into the building - going through the metal detector and from there where to go. So at least I have a bit of an idea of what I will be doing. To be honest I am hoping that I am able to get out of there by noon or so - cause I would sure love to go to the Antique shop there in that town. It is like 3 stories - in an older building and has lots and lots of stuff to look at. I love Antique shops there is a calming feeling when I am in those shops. I guess the take me back to a simpler time. I sure hope it works out for me to go check it out.

I'll be sure and let you know how it goes. :O)

4 comments:

  1. I have also been called to jury duty, but had valid excuses each time. Now the kids are all mostly independent, and I have run out of excuses, and know that i will be nervous too! Oh antique shops~would be so much fun to go antiquing with you someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marci - I would love to go Antiquing with you sometime!
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision