Friday, April 19, 2013

A Happier Girl Today

Well yesterday was not a total waste of time - Why?  because today my brother-in-law came by our house and picked up a whole lot of junk metal that we had in our yard. We had an old shed that was damaged in a storm. And my husband and sons had used the metal along with wood to build a carport in our back yard. Well it has since come down- due to bad weather. We had an old weight bench that was an eye sore and to make it even worse- is that it was like on the side of my sun room towards where my chickens are so it made it a much less nice view. We had an old riding lawn mower in a prominent place in the back yard that was an eye sore and I have been wanting to get it moved for over a year.

Now as I look out into my back yard - I am loving what I see. The only problem was that it rained pretty hard yesterday morning so everything was wet and muddy. Where the tin from the shed was taken - was really needing to be weed eated and all the little things here and there picked up. There is some wood in that area that needs to be taken to our burn pile. And where the riding lawn mower was - needed to be weed eated. So there are some things that really need to be done to help make our yard look SO much better but I couldn't get out there for 3/4 of the day because of the wetness. But the good new is and what made me thrilled is that about 5pm we got out there in the back yard and we were able to pick up all of the stuff/junk that was in the area where our "carport" had been. And I was able to get the area where the riding lawnmower had been weed eated. We were able to move a flatbed trailer that we have in the back yard to a better place - after unloading some siding that we had on the trailer- we need to find someone that can use that siding and let them come and get it. We got a little of the area weed eated where the "carport" was. There has been a lot of old, yucky wood and we got it all moved to either the burn pile or another pile to use the wood later.

Now today I am hoping to finish weedeating that area where the "carport" was and also clean out a lean to - that we have our working riding lawn mower parked under - along with a lot of other outside tools and such. And I am hoping that this week end we can get our garage cleaned out- it has gotten totally out of hand and I am so tired of when we need something - we can not find it cause it is somewhere in the junk pile. Not sure if we will get that job done or not but I am hoping to at least put a dent into it. Oh and we need to get our plants planted on Sunday. I am so looking forward to our garden this year. I have gotten my gardening books out and I am planning on doing a lot of reading about gardening - it is something that I would love to get good at and the only way that is going to happen is if I start learning about gardening by reading and researching. So that is the plan.
Anyway I hope you all have a great week end. Don't forget that I posted the "Drawing Nigh to God" post this morning so you will want to scroll down if you have not seen it yet.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I just wanted to also say a BIG Thank You to all of you sweet ladies who are such encourager's! My life is better because YOU are in my life!!! :O)

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)