Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I shoulda been a lawyer

Oh my goodness, Now you guys know what going on with our family. Well remember the judge had ordered mediation? And how it did not work out? Well apparently it was going to cost $400. for each of them. That means that this lawyer who was going to do the mediation - was going to get paid $800. for 4 hours or less of work. $800 - I can't not even imagine how it would feel to make that kind of money. And to think she blew us off..

Well soon to be ex dil called her lawyer and said she did not have the $400. and so our lawyer suggested that her lawyer ask the mediator if she would donate her time - and of course her answer was no. What happened next you just won't believe- Her lawyer called my sons lawyer and asked if my son would not only pay his own $400 fee but pay her fee too.!? Can you believe the nerve of them? I am thinking does he know what has happened over the last 5 months?

Well there is a good chance that they are going to try to get a court date and not do the mediation - which is a good idea since th mediation usually deals with property and such. The problem that they have in this case is just that ex daughter in law wants my son to have supervised visitation. There is no need for this and her demands have cost us all ALOT of money.

Anyway now it seems we are waiting on a court date. I am not holding my expectations up very high cause this thing could be drug out a long time - if what we have gone through the past 7 months (when he first filed) give any indication to what we can expect.

Well like I said - wow- these people make ALOT of money. The Ad Litem was paid $500. by both parties - so he got $1000. for probably about 3-4 hour total of work once it is all said and done and so far we don't know if it did any good at all.

Ok - I am done with that rant. Sorry  - I just could not believe the nerve of that lawyer.

**********************************
Well sure enough it has cooled down - and the temperatures are slowly going down all day long. It is nice to have this kind of day ever so often. I am so glad I spent so much time outside getting those jobs done. Today I will be spending a good amount of time in my sewing room. I need to make my BOM blocks and I have a pair of pants that I am going to convert into capri's. I have some other projects in there that I could work on if I get all the other stuff done. I also have other house work that needs to be done but it is nice to be able to look forward to a few hours in my sewing room.
I hope you all have a good day! :O)

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about how much they get paid--it's crazy!

    And it is about time the daughter in law realizes that her demands all come with a price tag. Maybe it will help her grow up just a bit--hopefully! Still praying for it all to work out. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying this all works out for the best for your family dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys - it means a lot!
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“The Central Issue: Love or Selfishness?” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN...

Sorry I missed posting last week. Here is the 2nd lesson in this series. I am hoping it blesses you! :O)