Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Path of Acceptance

I think that one of the keys to serenity and peace - is to learn to accept people where they are. What a gift this would be to yourself and to other people! This is something that I struggle with. I expect a lot out of myself and tend to expect alot out of other people but as God leads me - I am learning that I need to be more accepting. I need to not expect people to be at the very same spot in life that I am at. I am on a journey - as the title to my blog states - "Journeying to the Real Me..the me God intended me to be" and so are those around me. And we will not all be at the same spot at the same time, and that is ok with me. Now that I realize that this is a problem for me - then I can be more aware of it when I start feeling my peace being taken away - if it is because if it is because I am expecting others to be just like me or perfect - then I am hoping that I can step back into the path to serenity - the path of acceptance.

I can't remember just when I started reading blogs, but I had been reading blogs for at least 6 months to a year before I set up my account with Blogger to leave comments in May of 2007. When I set it up I had NO intentions of ever starting a blog. Well last year was a super hard year for us and I just felt led to start one. My initial reason was that I was not really dealing with the fact that my husband was diagnosed with Early On Set Parkinsons. This was such a blow. And even when I have shared this with others - they do not always understand my feelings about it. And I can understand that - I don't think that it is one of those things that you fully understand until you go through it yourself. Too often people try to tell you to just get over what ever it is that is upsetting you and to be honest - that usually is not the best way to deal with a hurting heart. Anyway so I thought that maybe if I started a blog that maybe I would be able to be of help to others that are going through something like this. Maybe that is still a way that my blog will be able to be of help to others but God seems to be leading me in other directions as well. So as I struggle through different lessons that are brought my way - I will try to be as honest and straight forward about it, because maybe if I can share where I am at in life - maybe it can help other people. And if nothing else it is helping me to be the real me. Not a people pleasing person - which I am tempted too often to do - but a real person who is accepting of those around me and of myself, someone who does not try to please other people but who tries to please God. This is the person I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking