Wednesday, September 8, 2010

About 8 inches in a 24 hour time period

I was so thankful that I did not have any place that I had to go today. It was a great day to stay inside. I think our area got about 8 inches of rain in about a 24 hour time period. It started Tuesday evening and it rained and rained. It stopped at about 1- 2 o'clock. And we have had a little bit of rain off and on since. I was so glad to see it slow up because it seemed like every low spot in our back yard, including my usual dry "creek" bed had water gushing through it. My poor little chickens. It was raining so hard on Tuesday night that we did not bother to shut the chickens up. We figured it was raining so hard that there should not be any animals out and about that might want to bother them.

There were several schools in the area that closed early because of all of the flooding. My son went to work at about 10am - and he only had to drive about 6-7 miles and he said that there was already water over the road in a total of 5 areas of the 2 roads that he drove on. Tuesday afternoon a friend of his ended up hydroplaning and crashing into a fence that has a lot of wild grape bushes on the fence. It tore off the side mirrors and scratched up the car a little but other than that everything seems to be find. She had ended up driving across a road and we are thankful that she did not hit any other cars on the road.

I am so thankful for the rain because our back yard had big cracks in it because of how dry it had been but man - we got more than we really needed in a short period of time. And the grass and trees are all so green. I am sure that we will end up having to mow at least once or twice more before winter gets here. That is unusual to have to mow so late in the year. But I am thankful that a couple of weeks ago we had such nice weather that I was able to get it all mowed. I have some weed eating that I really wanted to do but I put it off. I was going to do it on Monday but I got an offer to do something fun with a friend so I went and did that instead. I though oh I can wait and do it tomorrow. Little did I know that we were going to get pouring down rain. But it will get done..sometime.

This evening as I was getting supper ready I had a TV on watching some news and right there during the news cast they were video taping a tornado that had actually touched down. And for about 5-10 minutes I watched is made a pretty long path of destruction. That was so sad. I feel for those that were affected by it. I know it would be so scary to go through that.

Well I hope you all are staying safe. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

27: The Facts About Fats - Part 2