Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Making the Right Choice

OK - so I have been really debating whether or not I should take the seminar that I had talked about last week. It cost $129. and it will be about 30+ minute drive to the place that the meetings will be held. And there will be 8 different meetings - lasting 3 weeks.

Then I found out that the Ladies Ministries at my church was going to have a meeting on one of the same nights as my Healthy Seminar. It is called "Personal walk with God." I have been looking forward to something like this for a while. And then wouldn't you know it - it is the same night that one of my other meetings will be. Well then I started thinking - well am I suppose to just blow off the Healthy Seminar and go to the other meeting? But as I shared, about 2 weeks ago I had REALLY wanted to be able to go to some meetings that would inspire me to get healthier. The Bible says that God will give us the desires of our hearts. Well I don't believe that it means that I will get what ever I want. But I think that God puts desires in our hearts that are His will and those are the ones that he will give us. So I had to realize that more than likely the struggle that I have had making this decision has more than likely been Satan trying to take away the blessing that God wants to give me by going to these meetings.

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:" 1 Peter 5:8

So tomorrow I will be calling and registering for the seminar and Friday evening I will be going to my first meeting. I look forward to what God wants to teach me. I look forward to learning new tools to help me on the journey to a healthier me.

"Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." Psalms 37:4

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you made that decision! I'll look forward to hearing all about it..(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be sharing what I am learning so that those of you who obviously can not go to this seminar - will be able to get at least some of the benefit!
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I would love to hear what you learn. Looking forward to your sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision