Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Treasure Chest of Healthy Information part 2

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.

You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.

You're on your own. And you know what you know.

You are the guy who'll decide where to go.

-Dr. Seuss

Well I understand that I am probably not giving this helpful information in a real orderly fashion - and I am sorry. I really am excited about everything I am learning and I really want to share with you all this powerful information.

So I want to start with something that I thought was very interesting. Your stomach as these little sensors and in order for your brain to get the message that you have gotten enough to eat - you must eat enough food for the sensor at the top of your stomach to go off. So how do you to this and still lose weight? It is really quite easy- if you will pick a more plant based diet and eat more fruits and vegetables(things with a lot of fiber) it will help fill your stomach up! Now I know for some of you that Meat is a very big part of your diet this would be very hard, but I am sure when you are ready God will give you the ability to make the changes needed. With all of our rich, fatty foods that we eat - we really mess up our taste buds. And it might take a little bit to make the transition over to healthier foods and more natural foods but as you eat them - your taste buds will come alive and you will be able to enjoy foods that maybe before you did not.

A personal note here - the last couple of years I have noticed that not very many foods taste really good to me. And that is not a good thing because then you eat more than your fair share in order to feel satisfied. Yesterday we went to the seminar all day -They fed us breakfast and lunch. It was very healthy and filling and we all felt great. Good food will do that for you. It will be like energy giving. But foods that are empty calories - meaning no nutritional value - they don't give you energy.

I am sure you all have heard it said that you should eat like a King for Breakfast, a Prince for Lunch and a Pauper for Supper. Well this is very true. You should eat a nice large breakfast with several pieces of fruit included. The food that you eat for breakfast will be turned into energy. Isn't that good news. So many times people skip breakfast in order to lose weight - but this will only back fire on you. You will not have energy and then you will end up eating WAY too much for supper.

Oh the Dr. also said that it is the supper meal that really does the most damage - like causes diabetes and such. Because it puts such a burden on your body(trying to digest it all.) So many organs in your body really do not get to function properly because they are so busy trying to digest that meal.

Dr. B said that you should try to not eat after 5pm. I know that will be hard on some of you - adjust it to fit your schedule. But He said that it was best to eat your last meal about 4-5 hours before you went to bed. He also said it was not good to drink a lot of water right before going to bed. It was best to maybe limit what you drank after 7pm. IF you drink a lot of water- then I think he said that your liver had to work on filtering it and then your bladder would have to be working - which would cause you to have to get up in the middle of the night. And it is best to have 7 -8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Speaking of sleep- He said try to be asleep by 10:00pm - something about growth hormones. I think it was that was when the body released the growth hormones at about 10am and so if you are sleeping and have not eaten anything in several hours and not drank a lot of water - then your body would work on itself. I know I have heard that that sleep before midnight is very important.

OK - I think I will stop there. I am a little discouraged. The movie that we got to watch - "Forks over Knifes" that does not hit the theaters till March 2011 is going to be shown again for free at a church nearby. Well I called several people I know that I think would be very blessed by it and I got 1 Yes - and 2 No's. I was hoping that they could all enjoy this movie and get the blessing that I got from it. If any of you are in the Fort Worth area - and would be interested in going - let me know - I will get the information to you! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

19: Go to the Ant