Monday, September 13, 2010

A Treasure Chest of Healthy Information part 3

Good Morning Everyone! I have been doing my best to get to bed by 9:30pm and if my family can just work with me - I think this will be the best schedule ever. I can get enough sleep by the time that my husband has to get up to go to work. So if you wouldn't mind - I would really appreciate prayers. Well onto today's information:

Here is some information that I probably should have shared first. I know that most of you probably already know to wash your hands when you get home from running around. That is very important. But one thing that Dr. B told us was to Wash your hands before you eat. It is very important - even if you have been home. It is very important to get the bacteria and all off of your hands before you eat. Because that bacteria can cause plaque and that plaque can break off and end up causing Strokes. Yeah - that is pretty important information.



Another bit of important information is that Vitamin C only stays in your body about 24 hours. So it is a good idea to replenish it every day. One way that Dr. B does this is that every morning when he wakes up he drinks 2- 3 glasses of water. He puts lemon with his water in order to get that Vitamin C. If you have not drank much water after 7pm the night before- you will be thirsty and this will be pretty easy to do. If you really don't like lemon - start with just a little and increase as you get used to it.



Now I am going to share what Dr. B does for Breakfast and one of the things that we had for Breakfast. Dr. B takes 1 Cup of - Oat Groats, Pearled Barley and Wheat Berries. Today I went to a nearby store that sell this stuff that you can buy how ever much you want. And I just did 1/3 of each of the grains. Put this grain in with some water to soak - through the day. In the evening, before you go to bed. Drain the water off of the grains. Then you will put the grains into your crock pot. Now add 4 cups of water and 1/2 tsp. of salt. Put lid on and cook on low all night. Your breakfast will be ready for you in the morning! I have my grain soaking now and will have this for breakfast in the morning. You can add honey to this and all sorts of other goodies like: sesame seeds(very good for you) sunflower seeds, raisins, walnuts, pecans and I am sure there are other goodies that can be added. The Dr also recommends eating 2 - 3 fruits along with this hot cereal. There is so much goodness to this. And so much nutrition as well. And let me tell you this - it stays with you so you don't end up hungry and hour or two later.



Here is something I found interesting: Singing releases Endorphins. That is one reason why we sing these two songs at the beginning of each meeting.

The National Anthem and America the Beautiful!

What is interesting is that the reason behind why he chose these two songs. Because usually when we hear these songs - something important happens afterwards. So once we have sung these songs - our brains know that important information is to follow. I thought that was interesting.

PS~ I had written this post yesterday - while I had so much information in my head and I was wanting to try to get it down without repeating anything. Anyway - I diligently did everything with my grain yesterday- and got it all ready last night and went to bed. Well guess what? I plugged in the wrong thing - I did not get the grain plugged in. So my Chickens get a real treat this morning. I am disappointed but I will just start the process again. And I will let you know how it goes.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! :O)

1 comment:

  1. looks like you have found some good information! I need to sing more, and get to bed earlier. Begin with todays resolution!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision