Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Update/ Little more Healthy Information

Hello everyone~ I hope you all are doing fine. I am doing pretty good. I am so thankful that our weather has turned beautiful lately. It is actually getting into the 50's and 60's at night. And our day time highs are in the 80's. This is such a pleasant change from the 100's we went through for a while this summer. And can you believe it- My yard needs to be mowed again. I was going to do it today but the grass was SO wet. That I thought it would be better on the grass and on my mower if I waited till the grass was dry.

With going to this seminar - I have been much more busy than usual. I am usually just gone 1 evening each week - and now because of the seminar - I have had to be gone 3 evenings a week. And that has been hard. It is like a total of about an hour drive to where I am going - since I pick up a friend each time and drop her off. So I end up wasting 2 hours a day with just driving. And I end up getting home much later than I would like, which totally puts my schedule off and it does not work as well. Next week will be much better. I look forward to next week. I will no longer have the seminars to go to and I will have more time and plenty of time to get to bed at a decent time.

Ok - I wanted to share something that might be very helpful for some of you that have made changes to be healthier. Ok - I have explained that basically this seminar is talking about eating a plant based diet and many other things to be helpful to a persons health. Well there are at least half of the people in the class that have lost at least 7 pounds in the 2 1/2 weeks so far. The Dr. said - IF you are not losing much weight - please realize that once you get to eating healthier and taking care of yourself - your body will take care of what really needs it's attention. So there are things going on but it may not be quite noticeable yet.

I think I have already shared this - but before I made these changes - I had noticed that my blood pressure had been getting high. I had not realized how bad it was till last nights meeting. I think it had been running about 138/78 area. Anyway Dr. B. said that the top number is much more important to focus on. He did say that when the bottom number is 90 or above - you may want to get worried because it means that the heart is not being able to relax. He said that an increase from 120 - 130 in the top number is an increase of 30% for heart problems. And that the 140/80 - is getting to the lethal point. So now I am thrilled for the changes that I am making!! I have now gotten to the point of my blood pressure being 115-125 over 60-70! I am so thrilled! And my heart rate is running lower already as well.

When you take good care of your body - it can take good care of you.

1 comment:

  1. That is good encouragement--that while you may not see weight changes all the time, that doesn't mean your body isn't going through other healthy changes.....

    Congratulations on the BP drop! That's REALLY awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision