Tuesday, September 21, 2010

No More Counterfeits

Lately as I have been thinking about the ideal way to eat and take care of our bodies and then what the world's standard is right now - I can not but compare it to many other things in life. God set up ideals for the best way in which to live our lives and wouldn't you know it - there are all sorts of counterfeits out there. So many things trying to distract us from what is really important. And just think of what we miss when we choose the counterfeits instead of the real deal.

As many of you know - I am reading through the "Little House" series - I am just about to start "The Long Winter." I have SO enjoyed these books. As I read these books, I realize that even though we have so much technology and machines to help us do our work - They are the ones who really knew how to live. They knew what was important in life. The Sun was their guide as to when to go to bed and when to rise. They ate of the land. And they worked hard and got plenty of exercise and sunshine and fresh air. Church was important to them and they enjoyed fellow shipping with those around them. They gave a helping hand when needed. They invited people into their homes and fed them. They really knew how to live.

For me..Counterfeit showed it self as soda's to drink - instead of pure, clean water. Did you realize that we are about 70% water. That means that water is like a life line. And when we do not drink water - we become dehydrated and then many symptoms appear. And then we treat the symptoms with meds and cause more harm to our bodies. I am happy to report that I have not have a soda since September the 10th - by the grace of God. And I have not even craved it. This is very surprising because several days a week I go to my MIL store to help her with the cookies and stuff like that - and normally when I am there, it is So tempting to have a soda. Just like a habit - that was so deeply ingrained that many times before when I tried to stop - I would find myself going to get one anyway.

Eating many foods that have no nutritional value at all was another way in which I chose the counterfeit. You would not believe the difference with just eating a good diet and drinking water - how much energy you will have. And not only that but I don't seem to have cravings. Every now and then, I have a little bit - but it is more linked to emotional eating - and it is not very strong. And now since Dr. B said that when you have a craving that it will go away in 5 minutes. I try to get myself a glass of water or find something else to do. And this normally works.

I don't know about you, but I am tired of the counterfeits - I want the real deal. I want the foods that will nourish my body - I want the water that will help my organs work properly and my brain to think clearly. And slowly I am bringing all of the real deals into my life. No more counterfeits! :O)


"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Romans 12:1-2

1 comment:

  1. You are so right! Our society does eat "counterfit" foods now--foods that are not even foods! I am so glad you are sharing what you are learning. You are helping me keep up and shape up in my own journey towards eating healthy!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories