Thursday, September 23, 2010

Another Great Recipe

Thai-Style Curry

1 C. diced carrots
1 onion, diced
1/2 C. each green and red peppers (yellow are nice too, if you have them)
2 cloves of garlic
4-5 small zucchini or similar vegetable, diced small
1 C. tomato sauce
2 T. peanut butter 0r 1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts
2 T. Bragg Liquid Amino's (or 1 T. soy sauce)
1 T. Curry powder
1/2 tsp. or more salt to taste
1/2 C. cilantro (optional)
1 C. cooked garbanzos or lentils
1 C. frozen peas

1. Place diced carrots, onions, peppers, and garlic(not the peas yet) in a kettle with a small amount of water and curry powder. Simmer about 5 minutes until tender.

2. Add zucchini, cover, and simmer 5 more minutes.

3. Blend all the remaining ingredient except the peas and garbanzo beans or lentils in a blender until smooth, and add to the cooked vegetables along with the frozen peas and garbanzos or lentils. Heat and serve over Rice.

Makes about 8 cups.

Here is a photo of when I had the stuff ready for the #1 directions. Just looking at this you can tell how much nutrition is in it! Look at all the colors!

Ok - for my family, I made an adjustment to this recipe. Since we are new to eating fresh herbs - I only used about 1 T. and unless it was something else in this recipe - it gave a little kick to the recipe - enough for my family. I think the next time I make this I will make it with the peanut butter and then I will chop some roasted peanuts and have them in a container so each person can use the amount that they would like. We really enjoyed the addition of the roasted p-nuts to our supper last night! Oh and by the way, just in case some of you are saying - oh no you can't eat nuts - you will gain weight - I have some good news! I had lost another pound this morning! When you are eating a plant based diet - you can have nuts - in moderation of course!

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“The Central Issue: Love or Selfishness?” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN...

Sorry I missed posting last week. Here is the 2nd lesson in this series. I am hoping it blesses you! :O)