Thursday, September 16, 2010

Trusting God

Yesterday I got my very first comment from Anonymous they reminded me of something very important - that I need to not let a lot of this stuff distract me from trusting God~ I am paraphrasing but that was the message I got from the comment. And that is very true - I think the most important thing we can do is have faith in/trust God. Last year was a really rough year for us, I even suffered hopelessness - I don't know if I ever really shared that on here or no. Anyway if you want to read a little about it you can find it Here. In order to really realize how rough that time period was you would have to read other posts as well but basically- it was rough and I actually felt hopelessness for probably the first time in my life. But God did an amazing thing, He used this time period to teach me to totally depend on Him. And part of the totally depending on Him is giving our lives and our wills over to him. And by doing that you allow Him to lead you and to be willing to follow Him.



Part of allowing God to lead is also being willing to let go of the things that God leads you to let go off. I know that my going to this seminar was God orchestrated. And that it was very important for me to hear this information. I have already been able to put some of it into practice - and it has not been that hard. I am going to bed earlier - which allows me to wake up with my husband at 5am and stay up. And by doing so - I am able to get a lot more done in my day. I have not have a soda since Friday and I am not experiencing the caffeine withdrawal headaches at all, nor am I craving it! That is such good news because for years I have tried to give it up and it was just too powerful over me. And it also allows me to get enough water to drink each day - without over taxing my organs in my body by drinking lots of water and lots of soda. I am trying to incorporate more healthy meals into our diet. And I am eating more fruits and Veggies.



I have come to realize that right now I will not be able to make all the changes that I would like to make - but what is really awesome is that I am WILLING. This is the first time in 40 years that I have been willing to give up soda, meat and dairy - if that is what God wants for my life, and I think that speaks volumes of what God can do in our lives. And I am praying that if it is God's will for us to eat even more healthy that He will lead my husband to be willing to make the changes.



You know - I have struggled with giving up soda and caffeine for a long time. Well when I met my husband - he drank Dr. Pepper. And he would drink a lot of DP at times. Well what is so funny is the fact that for years I thought he would never give up DP - He gave up DP LONG before I have given up sodas. He mostly drinks Root beer now or Tea. So he is just as capable of making choices to improve his health as anyone. And I am not to be his Holy Spirit. I will try to make healthier foods for us while at the same time - having meat for him. It is doable. And I can just wait on God's leading for changes.



So remember the important thing is to Trust in God and to realize that He is in control - but that does not mean that we can just disregard the knowledge that He has given us in order to better take care of our bodies which are the Temple of God.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    Just checking in on you. I have enjoy the past couple post. As you know we eat clean. Diet plays an important part in our health. Dave has had a set back. Today they tweaked his diet. No more nightshades for now and he is back on steroids. So I fully understand trusting God. Everyday is a walk of faith.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth~ I am so sorry to hear about Dave's setback. I am sure it is harder to work with the diet when there are so many restrictions. I am so glad that you are so talented in the kitchen because you are able to make it work!
    Continue to Trust in God,
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories