Sunday, September 26, 2010

Having a Beautiful Day/Recipe

Well we are having a wonderful day!! This morning I woke up to a lot of fog. I was a little concerned that I would get rained on - during my morning walk. But Praise the Lord! I did not. I did end up having a walking buddy. This buddy is not a normal buddy by any means. This one was only about a foot tall. A little dog that lives at one of the houses on the corner of a circle that I walk around. So he joined me on my second round. Normally I have been walking about 3- 4 rounds of that circle. So we walked 3 rounds -which brought me to my #4 round. He seemed like he wanted to continue to follow me so I went one more time. When we got back to his house the newspaper was at his house. Well since I live on a fairly busy street - I thought it would be a good idea to get him back to his owners. So I went up to the door and rang the bell - with the paper in hand. I waited for a little bit and no answer so I walked around to the driveway - put the paper on the trashcan by the back door and then I put the dog in the back yard. I started to walk home. I got halfway to the busy street and what do I hear - the jingle of the bells on my buddies little collar! He had gotten out and was following me again! Oh no- I don't want him to get hurt so I thought - One more round and hopefully his owners will be out by then. So we went around one more time. Sure enough his Daddy was out to get the paper by the time we went around the circle. And he went home and I was able to walk home. I had walked about an hours or a little more. I was tired! I have been walking about 30 -45 minutes per day. I am working up to 1 hour of exercise per day - because getting at least an hour of exercise each day is the best for a person. So I got a great amount of exercise today!! The fog lifted and the sun came out before I was done with my walk.

Now our weather is great. It is overcast and about 67 degrees!! We opened our windows up yesterday - it was not this cool yesterday though. I love weather like this. I love having our windows open and enjoying the cool breeze.

Well I wanted to share another recipe that we have been eating about once a week. It is probably high in sodium but it is a recipe that my Husband loves and I am able to fix it - and then remove part of it and then add the cooked ground beef to the rest of it for my husband.



The original name for this was 7 Can Soup - but I have found that I like it better with and addition of one more can - so now it is:

8 Can Soup

2 cans Campbell's Minestrone Soup
2 cans Ranch Style Beans
2 cans Whole Kernel Corn
1 can of Petite Diced Tomatoes
1 can of Black Beans

Take all the cans and just dump into a big pan. I simmer this for a while. In the meantime, I defrost ground beef. And I cook it by boiling it in water and then draining off all the water and grease. I take out part of the soup for me and then I add the cooked ground beef to the pan and cook for a little more. Now I usually make up some brown rice as well. And so when I eat this I put some brown rice in my bowl and then add the soup(without meat, of course.)

I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we have! :O)

3 comments:

  1. Your recipe looks good! I will have to try it sometime. Right now I am smelling a vegan version of scalloped potatoes that are in the oven. First time I have made this recipe. Hope it turns out tasting like it smells!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    Just checking in on you. We got a cool front last night. Did it come through there too? It feels so very good. Happy Dance time. Maybe fall is arriving in Texas after all.:) Have a wonderful day.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking