Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Treasure Chest of Healthy Information part 4

Well I am so very glad that I listened and followed God's leading in my life and signed up for this seminar. These are things that I have needed to hear. I can be kind of stubborn and rebellious. I do not really like to be told not to do something without an explanation. Here is a good example of that: At the seminar Dr.B was talking about drinking room temperature water. Well I really like ice water myself and do not want to change unless there is a good reason. Well lucky for me - someone else asked him why he said room temperature. He said that when we drink cold water(and I am guessing other cold drinks as well) that blood has to go from working in other organs throughout the body and they have to go to the stomach to warm it up. Well I don't know about you but I would much rather drink room temperature water and allow the work that needs to be done in my organs continue than to disrupt it by drinking cold things.

Ok here is something else that may be helpful in your journey to a healthier you:

Super D A B C D E 5 21 P

So I am guessing that many of you are wondering what in the world that list is for. It is something important to remember.

Super D A B C D E 5 21 P

Super D is the Decision that you have made - You have to want to make the choice to want to change

A- Advantages
For this part - you will want to write on a piece of paper some of the advantages that you will have if you make this change - And this can be probably for a lot of different things - but for mine - eating healthier - you could put - will be Healthier, smaller clothes, slimmer you, more energy, Look younger, the list goes on

B- Behavior Brain Changes
Remember that you developed your habits over the years- it will take some time to change the habits.

C-Complete Total Change
-make changes needed
- within a week you will start feeling better
-learn new circuits and unlearn old circuits

D-Disadvantages
Time to make another list - This time list the disadvantages of not sticking with the changes you have made. Examples - gain weight, tired all the time, no energy, bad health issues, etc.

E - Environment
Sometimes you need to clean up your environment - if you can get rid of the unhealthy things - or the things that tempt you the most. I will not be able to do this step because I have a family and I do not believe in forcing major changes on the family. I will be making new things - healthier foods. I will have available to them good choices. But I will be leaving some of the other things that they really like.
The Dr explained that sometime there will be people that you will have to stop hanging around with - I am lucky -I don't think that I have to worry about this one to much.

5- This one will be good news for many people- whether you struggle with food or smoking or drinking: Overwhelming Urge Lasts 5 minutes. That means if you really want M&M's if you will just find something else to do that the urge should go away after 5 minutes. Of course you could get urges again - just work through each one.

21 - It takes 21 days to develop a new Habit. Don't give up. Just do your best. If you relapse - as you probably will(we all do) then just make the decision to get right back on track.

P - Last but certainly not least - Prayer - We have a Helper - who will help us -whenever we call on Him.

The body is the Temple of God so I am sure that He wants us to take really good care of those Temples and He is sure to help us when we go to Him for help. :O)

2 comments:

  1. Love to hear what you are learning. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marci~
    I am glad that you are enjoying it. I know I love learning all this cool stuff and I just wanted to pass it along.
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)