Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Importance of Surrendering

I have tried many times to lose weight before, but I was trying my way and I failed. This time I have allowed God to lead. What has been awesome is the fact that I have heard a lot of these principals all of my life. And I guess my stubborn, rebellious self just would not listen. I did not want to give up MY way and I paid for that. I paid with struggling and failing so many times that I gave up.

When I gave up, I realized that I needed to allow God to work on the inside of me. That is what I have been trying to do this last year. I finally came to the point of being willing to turn my life and my will over to the care of Him who loves me most. God knows what is best for me and I am better off in His will. There are times that I try to take back control or I have a hard time releasing control to Him still, but I am on a journey to live my life more and more in His will.

Barlow Girl has a great song out called "Surrender." If you ever get a chance to listen to it please do, Because this song really has spoken to me.


"Surrender"
My hands hold safly to my dreams
Clutching tightly not one has fallen
So many years I've shaped each one
Reflecting my heart showing who I am
Now you're asking me to show
What I'm holding oh so tightly
Can't open my hands can't let go
Does it matter?
Should I show you?
Can't you let me go?

Surrender, surrender you whisper gently
You say I will be free
I know but can't you see?
My dreams are me. My dreams are me

You say you have a plan for me
And that you want the best for my life
Told me the world had yet to see
What you can do with one
That's committed to Your calling
I know of course what I should do
That I can't hold these dreams forever
If I give them now to You
Will You take them away forever?
Or can I dream again?

Surrendering is hard to do, but when you surrender your life to Jesus Christ you are in the best hands ever. The very Hands that were pierced for you and I. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories