Thursday, September 9, 2010

I finally did it

Well this morning I finally was able to get registered for the up coming seminar. I had a hard time taking care of this. Yesterday I had called and gotten an answering machine and I had left a clear message of what I was calling for with name and number. And I never heard back from them. Then this morning before I had to leave for work, I called and got a hold of someone but I had to be transferred to someone else in order to pay over the phone. Well the lady I was to talk to did not answer, so again I left a message. I thought to myself - well leaving a message yesterday did me no good. But I decided I was not going to call back. If I was meant to go to this seminar - they would return the call. So I left for work. As I drove to work, I felt kind of sad. I was thinking that I was probably not going to get to go to the seminar after all. I, then said to God - it is up to you - if I am to go - they will call- and I let it go. Within a minute - they called me back. I pulled over to the side of the road to take care of the call.

So I will be going! Tomorrow night is the first meeting. I am kind of nervous. You know the kind of nervous that you had as a kid - the day before the first day of school, not knowing what it will be like. Then of course, the fears like, will I find where the seminar is being held? And the 30 miles there and back 11 times - I am not used to having somewhere that I have to go several times a week. But I am also excited because I am sure that I will get valuable information. Information that will help me to learn more about myself and what I can do in order to help myself be healthier and also my family healthier.

Yesterday, during all of our rainy weather - I took advantage of being stuck at home all day and I got some of my healthy cookbooks out and started looking through them. I read through some that looked really good and I made a grocery list in order to try a few of them. I am excited about the fact that I found quite a few good recipes. I am so thankful that I have a good collection of cookbooks - at least part of them are healthy cookbooks. I had found a few of them just in the past 6 months at the thrift store for really cheap prices! And one cookbook that I had been tempted to give away but I am SO glad that I decided to keep it.

There was a recipe for barbecue tofu. It looked really good. And I was so disappointed when I was at Walmart today - and another lady and I were both looking for some extra firm tofu - they only had 3 things of silken. So I will have to put that on my next grocery list. Oh - just a little hint that was in the cookbook - if you will put the tofu in the freezer over night - it changes the texture of it and makes it more chewy.

So I am guessing I will be doing some post about some of the things that I will be learning. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)