Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Gem We Found On Our Trip

I am doing this a little out of order but these were the photos that I had access to when I first started working on this post.  There will be at least 2 more posts on this trip.
 
()()()()()()()()()()
 
On our way home from Fredericksburg, we stopped at a really cool place~ Dutchman's Hidden Valley
You can click on the link above and check it out for yourselves.
 
This place was awesome! I forgot to take a photo when we first walked in the door. It is a room with all sorts of chocolates, Salt water taffy- all different flavors, jelly belly jelly beans - all sorts of flavors, rock candy and all sorts of other goodies.
As you went room to room - you were meant with all sorts of charm and eye candy as I like to say.



 
I know not all the photos turned out well but I was just using my cell phone and so not all the photos turned out that great. But you will still get an idea of what the place was like.
Now this next case is when I almost squealed with joy!!!
 
 
I love tea sets - especially the small ones!! So when I saw a shelf with about 5 or 6 small sets, I was so excited!!
 
Now here is the reason why we stopped at this place in the first place. A friend had told me that this place had some amazing doll furniture. And boy was she right!!!
 This first kitchen set is so very expensive because it comes with the little tiny tea set and lots of china.
Sorry it is much harder to see this set because it was towards the back of the cabinet. We like this set the best. Much more simply and a little closer to our price range.

 
This living room set was beautiful- it is vintage furniture- we loved it. It was like a deep red color - same as other photo - it was towards the back of the cabinet.
 
 And of course, you would need a bedroom set.
 
And wouldn't you know it! They had a salt and pepper collection, just like me. I like my collection better though. I tend to like the smaller sets the best. But I have a few of the larger ones interspersed in my collection.
 
Sure wish I could have gotten a closer better photo of this windmill and old house. It was so cold and there was a sharp wind outside. I was taking the photos with my phone and it is very hard to tell what your photos look like when the sun is so very bright.


I love windmills. We saw ALOT of them on our trip. 

 



I wanted to get a better photo of the front of this place but like I said it was cold. The way I got this photo - is when we were leaving I pulled where we could open our car window and take the photo from the warmth of the car! You gotta do what you gotta do - when it's cold like that. LOL :O)
And wouldn't you know it- I came home with one of those adorable tiny tea sets!! Isn't this adorable?  It's hard to tell but there is a gold ring around the tops and around the edge of the plate. I love the bows and I loved the little tiny red hearts too!
 
So if you are ever in the Hamilton, Texas area - you will want to look this place up and stop by for a visit. It's just one of the special type places. We sure enjoyed it.
Oh my husband got some of the salt water taffy and let me tell you - that cotton candy taffy is DELICIOUS!!! Yum Yum! :O)

2 comments:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision