Monday, March 18, 2013

He Speaks To Us Through Nature...If We Are Quiet..And Listen

Last week on my way home from some errands - I decided to drive the back way from where store/bakery that my Mother in law used to own. These are country roads with houses scattered along with fields with various animals in some of them. As I drove down these roads - the sadness that I no longer work at the bakery seeped into my mind. Then I noticed in a field a colt/foal. It was so adorable. I don't know what it is about baby animals but I love baby animals. As I continue to drive I passed by several more baby horses. Then came a field with cows and sure enough I could see several calves playing in the field. Those baby animals helped take my mind off of my sadness and helped me realize that this was a beginning of a new phase in my life. To everything there is a season. A time for this and a time for that. And the season for working at that bakery is past.

Later I told my husband about all the baby animals I had seen. So on our way home from getting E2 or "squared" - my husband took those same country roads so we could see the baby animals. As we approached a farm - the one that last year I had seen the momma hen - walking across the road with her baby chicks - I began to tell Jason about remember that - and I looked to my right and guess what???  Yep - there was a momma hen with her baby chicks!! What a blessing it was to see them- and especially when I was telling of the blessing of being able to see them the last time.

God is good. He helps remind us of important lessons - and many times he uses nature in order to do so. We just need to be still and allow him to speak to us. Allow the busyness of the world to be put on the back burner and just allow God to speak to us. What a blessing it is when he does!

5 comments:

  1. What a cool story! Now I want to take a drive through the country, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been listening to the birds singing, and am so glad when we can keep the windows open. Nature gives such a sense of peace. I felt that as you shared your back roads experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes- I have really enjoyed having the windows open as well. I love to hear nature sounds and the fresh air is great!
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is good! And He will provide what is needed in this next phase of your life!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories