Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Freezers Fixed and Humming Birds

I am a happy girl today! For the last month or so we have been having problems with our freezer. It was having a hard time cycling on and off and sometimes it would not cycle on. Thankfully we kept catching it before the things inside were ruined. It is a good thing that there is someone here most of the time. Each time we would have to pull the freezer out and unplug it and wait a minute or two and then it seemed to correct itself. Well about a week or so ago - it would not correct itself and in fact the motor just continued to run and run and run. I am AFRAID to see the next electric bill. My husband was able to pull the computerized thing off the front of the freezer and get a part number. We ordered it last week and it arrived today. That motor has run constantly since at least last Wed maybe longer than that- that is why I am afraid to see the electric bill.
Anyway the new part got here today and we were able to get the part replaced and it is SO quiet here in the dining room now. That motor is finally getting a break. I am praising the Lord that this part fixed it. The part was $80.00 but if we would have had to have someone come out - it would have cost much, much more. I am so thankful!

Yesterday as I was talking to a friend of mine on the phone- she suddenly got all excited!! She had been sitting in her kitchen looking out the window and had noticed the first Hummingbird of the season land at her feeder!! Well you know what I did today then, don't you? Yep- I got my 4 cups of water boiling and added the 1 cup of sugar. I stirred it around as the sugar dissolved and then let it cool. I have since poured the cooled mixture into my hummingbird feeders and have placed the front feeder. I will wait till my husband gets home to place the other one. We end up having to use a hanger to make the feeder a little lower and that way I can see it at my kitchen window. I look forward to seeing my little hummingbirds. They are one of my favorites for sure!

Well I have some errands to run. I hope ya'll have a great day! If ya'll did not catch the "Prayer Warrior" post this morning - be sure and scroll down so you don't miss it. :o)

3 comments:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories