Friday, March 15, 2013

Drawing Nigh to God.....series

Drawing Nigh to God

by Minnie E. Dauphinee

 

The Secret of Victory ....Christ's Prayer

 

How often we are strengthened in the battle of life by the assurance that Father or Mother or someone else who knows God is praying or us! How much more, then, should we be strengthened and encouraged by the assurance that we were included in this prayer of Christ's:
"I pray not that though shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil" (John 17:15)
H did not pray that His followers be taken out of the world, for it is in this life that they must attain perfection of character. We remember that the tree which represented temptation in Eden was "in the midst of the garden" where, no doubt, Adam and Eve had to pass every day. This represents life. Jesus did not pray that we be kept from temptation, but that we be kept from falling.
As a beautiful lily at the entrance of a coal mine is said to remain perfectly white although everything else around it is blackened with coal dust; so the Christian living in this sin-darkened world diffuses the fragrance of Christ's love and remains unspotted by sin.
If we put our trust in Jesus moments by moment, we may be assured that the Father will answer His prayer in our behalf.
 

2 comments:

  1. I relish knowing that someone prays for me~really prays~and when I pray with a friend it is so sweet. I ponder Jesus prayer for me, and feel the love He wraps around me, even in the midst of pain.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking