Sunday, March 24, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Hello everyone! I hope you all have had a great week-end. I sure did. Last year my husband and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary. Well he had enough points to get us a free hotel stay for the week end but he ended up having to have hernia surgery so we had to cancel our trip and we paid hospital bills instead. We were disappointed but we knew we would plan a week end get away later. Well this week end was ..later. And we had a very nice time.

Friday morning we woke up to an overcast, 60 degree morning - which actually the temperatures began to fall- not get any warmer for the day. As we left our house and drove south - it actually got warmer and sunny. When we arrived in Fredericksburg, Texas - it was actually about 80 degrees. Sabbath was a beautiful day with the highs in the mid 70's.

Before I trip - I did my homework. I had printed out the directions. Well when we got ready to leave, my husband pulled out the trusty gps. He got it all set up and he went through the first couple of steps and it looked like the exact directions that I had printed off. As we traveled along - about an hour or so into our trip we got to a town and all of a sudden gps told us to take a right and then take a left. After I was very concerned - we were off of the path that I thought we would take. As we drove along we found ourselves driving along little 2 lane country road. Hardly any traffic at all. And we smoothly went along our trip. We ended up having an awesome trip and decided to take the exact way home. It's not the route I would have chosen but it ended up being a great way to go. This is just another reason why it is good to hold your plans loosely. Sometimes there is a better way.

When we woke up Sunday morning - it was bright and sunshiny outside but goodness - we had a brisk wind and the temperatures were only 37 degrees. We had a very nice trip home today.

 I will be posting about our trip the next day or two.

2 comments:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity